Thread: MFJ Antenna Analyzer

MFJ Antenna Analyzer

I have one leg of the dipole going up to the roof and it runs in a North-South Direction, the other leg is at a 90 degree angle running East-West; it's fed with 75 ohm balanced line. The Dentron Super Tuner Plus allows me to work the convention amateur bands.

A couple of time a year, I would borrow my friend's MFJ 259 and I would jot down the different setting for each band needed for the antenna tuner to work.

My associate (via my Amazon Prime ) purchased a new MFJ-259C Antenna Analyzer and, because he was tired of loaning me his meter, he offered to sell me his old one; I told him that I would just keep on borrowing it if it was OK.

I took the old one home, did some trouble-shooting and I calibrated it.

A couple of days later, the owner called and asked me to bring the analyzer home and, I refused; I told him I would bring him his asking price (twice what I first offered before I repaired it) but not the meter, LOL at me.

This is not the MFJ-259C current model but, the original MFJ-259, it doesn't show reactance or have fancy digital readout but, it does the basic work.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    I have one leg of the dipole going up to the roof and it runs in a North-South Direction, the other leg is at a 90 degree angle running East-West; it's fed with 75 ohm balanced line. The Dentron Super Tuner Plus allows me to work the convention amateur bands.

A couple of time a year, I would borrow my friend's MFJ 259 and I would jot down the different setting for each band needed for the antenna tuner to work.

My associate (via my Amazon Prime ) purchased a new MFJ-259C Antenna Analyzer and, because he was tired of loaning me his meter, he offered to sell me his old one; I told him that I would just keep on borrowing it if it was OK.

I took the old one home, did some trouble-shooting and I calibrated it.

A couple of days later, the owner called and asked me to bring the analyzer home and, I refused; I told him I would bring him his asking price (twice what I first offered before I repaired it) but not the meter, LOL at me.

This is not the MFJ-259C current model but, the original MFJ-259, it doesn't show reactance or have fancy digital readout but, it does the basic work.

The best I can do is 2.0 : 1 SWR on the 15 meter Hustler center loaded vertical mounted on the balcony.

IMG_20180402_172040.jpg

But, the same Hustler 15 meter antenna has a 1.2 : 1 SWR on 6 meters 50 MHz to 54 MHz!

Go figure.

IMG_20180402_171709.jpg

Did ya try it on 40 for shits and grins?

I only say that because I can get my 40m 1/4 wave to work on 6m; not so much on 15. Huh.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Did ya try it on 40 for shits and grins?

I only say that because I can get my 40m 1/4 wave to work on 6m; not so much on 15. Huh.
    I do pretty good on 40 meters with my "Flying-V" OCF Dipole; I'm all set up for voice on 40 meters, just hit the foot pedal.

I am looking to re-acquire a 20 and 40 meter load for my vertical Hustler MO-1 Mast.