Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Work

Deep Work

This is interesting. The idea of letting go of distractions and spending greater intervals of time distraction free and completely immersed in your work.

Until reading this I didn't realize that I have been practicing "deep work" for quite a long time going back to my early college days. It was practicing a more extreme form of the "deep work" concept where I completely let go of any and all distractions, abstract myself from social interactions and random thoughts, etc. and immerse myself for many hours at a clip focused only on the work I was engaged in. The result was a greater sense of satisfaction and a much greater sense of accomplishment and much more accomplished than if I continued allowing petty interactions and distractions interrupt my work.

https://www.popsugar.com/smart-livin...-Work-44698528
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Banned
    Deep. Well, I'm off to a distracting sleep.

Deep sleep generally follows deep work. :)
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Followed always by the undeniable deep shit.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Deep draws. Attachment 15703

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

It's probably related to the concept of "Quality time" at the workplace. I found this best in the morning, continue with your work with NO interruptions, management or otherwise. Incoming phone calls and similar nuisances only to be permitted in the afternoon. Many people like to start work really early because management, who can be a pain in the backside, generally arrive later (with a herald of trumpets...no, not strumpets) and expect all to notice and attend, drop everything until they have had their say.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    It's probably related to the concept of "Quality time" at the workplace. I found this best in the morning, continue with your work with NO interruptions, management or otherwise. Incoming phone calls and similar nuisances only to be permitted in the afternoon. Many people like to start work really early because management, who can be a pain in the backside, generally arrive later (with a herald of trumpets...no, not strumpets) and expect all to notice and attend, drop everything until they have had their say.
    I have noticed the same scenario in the office on this side of the ocean as well. After seeing all of the episodes of The Office, I am now watching the original program with Ricky Gervais which is funnier.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Deep draws. Attachment 15703
    +2
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

....deep.

The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.