Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So How did you make out ?

So How did you make out ?

So, how did y'all manage with the monster bombogenic nor'easter that hit yesterday and which we are still feeling the impact of ? Not much damage here but a couple of homes not too far away were damaged pretty bad when some large old trees toppled onto them. This was the second bombogenic storm of this year. The first was the "bomb cyclone" in January.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

We did ok, one tree down and lots of rain/wind but we have a sheltered spot we go to for bad weather. It is a Park & Ride parking lot about half way between Manchester and Concord (NH). It is protected by earthen berms about15' high on three sides with the open end facing west. The state snow plow workers know us and clear a spot out for us. High wind was 45 mph, rain total was .7 inches. 47 degrees right now.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

we expected 12" and got 18" ... no damage here, but lots of shutdowns for the day. syracuse univ shut down for the day, which almost never happens.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Good to see everyone is safe and not much damage occurred.
    Today the "beast from the east" made place for +6 C so winter is over, including frost and eastern gales.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

That's me! Took a hard hit here in central Virginia. Still 50k or so in the area without power and not expected to be fixed before Wednesday. We lost it early AM Friday and its still out today. No electricity means no water from my well. Been going to friends house to bathe, filling water jugs. I do have a small generator but no way to connected it safely to the pump circuit. Keeping the fridges running and lights in most of the house with heavy duty E-cords.

I'll be glad when it comes back on, but I can do without for a good while. Like indoor camping.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

We didn't get snow from that system but it rained a LOT in the day or so preceding the frontal passage.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

We have had several sunny, but chilly days in a row. I managed to get 200 miles on the hog in the 38ºF weather. It was invigorating!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Zip. Zero. Squat. Zilch.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Zip. Zero. Squat. Zilch.
    You forgot nada and nil......
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Like a bandit

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful