Thread: Maine & Delaware

Maine & Delaware

(Sounds like an intersection downtown, location of a good dive bar, doesn’t it?)

Two states to complete 10 Meter WAS.

Never heard New England, let alone ME, during the ARRL 10M contest, just have to be in the Shack at the right time, I guess.

DE will be the tough one, way too close for skywave, too far away for groundwave. Though actually I just need a confirmation... did work K2E on 10 SSB during 13 Colonies a few years back. 2010, to be exact. Never got a card, though, nor a LotW confirmation, and after 10 years plus, I no longer expect one; pity, but so it goes.

Any suggestions... constructive ones, that is... welcome...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Any suggestions... constructive ones, that is... welcome...
    Spring/summertime Es opening, and use FT8.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

FT 8? Isn't that mode supposed to be the spawn of Santa, or something?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    FT 8? Isn't that mode supposed to be the spawn of Santa, or something?
    No, that's ROS.

I'm feeding the take of my FT8 setup to PSKReporter (it's currently parked on 30M) and noticed a number of 11M monitors active. Curious about what they were hearing, I checked them out. Most of the stations are in EU, APAC or LATAM and are using either JS8 or ROS (the latter not legal for FCC-regulated hams to transmit with).

Hopefully no budding Einstein turns this into an RF-based BBS network as was done with packet radio in the 90s. Keeping non-amateur traffic out of the network was challenging, especially with so many non-US-based SysOps willing to gateway the stuff in.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."