Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In The Slow Lane On The Information Highway

In The Slow Lane On The Information Highway

I remember when the Internet was "Fun", I've been on the net since 1995 used, a i486 DX-2 CPU based computer, 8 Megs of RAM with, my first Operating System being Window 3.1 and, America Online Dial-up (14.4Kb) modem was my access portal to the Web.

Good times were had in Yahoo Chat rooms using "Boot Codes" (buffer overflows) via PMs to knock people out of the chat rooms or, to execute a code string in the chat room and kick everybody out who wasn't protected; it was a game then, everybody in the chat room played. There were other things like "Password Stealers" that could be used to Hi-jack someone's Yahoo account (they got mine). Yahoo kept updating Messenger but, as soon a new version came out, the Visual Basic writers would put together string to defeat the new code.

Being a Troll and a hell raiser was even better when I hosted images on my own server; I would often post something with a picture attached and then, when someone "Quoted me", my posted image showed up in their message but, what I did was to switch the file names on the server so that the image displayed in the quoted message was a "Goatse" while, the image in my message was not. Funny shiz back then.

But, I have retired from all of that but recently, a reminder of it popped up; what if, you made a "Non-PG" video 20 years ago and it "Appeared", would you destroy it out of embarrassment or, would you keep it for prosperity sake?

Great memories Mel. I never got really into it till about '98 and never to the level you describe, but I remember having "family chat" rooms where I had to boot out uninvited weirdos so my mom wouldn't blush. Great fun.

The video; If it made me filthy rich like it did for Kim K, well, I'd have to consider it. I could use it to pay the hospital for starters. Otherwise, delete, delete, delete

Mel, I only now discovered the portal to your blog. I am most impressed by that and how you smart guys manage to embed the coolest shit. Also, your signature line itself provokes me to do better mentally, which is no small task being raised by right wing believers in a hallucinatory world.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 01-18-2018 at 12:57 PM. Reason: I'm easily impressed I guess, and honest enough to admit it

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Hams ops making amateur pr0n.

Something about "What has been seen..." comes to mind here.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Do you mean fat guys with wheels poking out their butts? Yeah, now I need the eye bleach. Here, you missed a spot...

Like that post was...

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Hams ops making amateur pr0n.

Something about "What has been seen..." comes to mind here.

I will plead the fifth........

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    I will plead the fifth........
    I will not plead the filth........

I'll drink the fifth.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Is this really the fifth filth?

Like that post was...

IRC chat channel shennanigans FTW.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

In 1995 I was learning how to write in cursive. I don't think we had computer lab until 98/99 and those were mac. You know, I don't even remember what we actually did in computer lab or at least not what we were supposed to do. I remember playing silly games but that is about it. That is about the time I got my first PC at home, a Dell laptop with win 98, I still have it and it still works. I can not say that about any of my other older computers...they all died, lol.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"