Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas present

You posted the wrong link, try: https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...nerative-radio
    I had a crystal set (45 years ago) the was AM/Shortwave that worked well. Did pull in only Hilversum Holland on shortwave.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Quote Originally Posted by AA1OH View Post
    You posted the wrong link, try: https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...nerative-radio
    I had a crystal set (45 years ago) the was AM/Shortwave that worked well. Did pull in only Hilversum Holland on shortwave.
    Whoops, my bad. Correction made. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    It's a pretty easy build. The hardest part is winding the coil. That and dealing with the pre drilled holes that don't line up for the front panel and the coil form. Here is the link for the receiver. https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...nerative-radio
    The 1T4 tubes are sold separately.

Thanks! I'm not much of a kit builder but I might give this a shot later this year when work slows down.

I had my nephew winding coils like that at age 5 or so, following in my footsteps (I started building things around age 7).

Would be cool to have given him a such a gift as a present. As it were, Snap-Kits has a receiver in their product lineup and I think that was one of the add-ons to his collection 'DSG and I got for him over the years.

You ever try your hand at homebrewing a spiderweb regen, George?
    Last edited by N8YX; 01-03-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I had my nephew winding coils like that at age 5 or so, following in my footsteps (I started building things around age 7).

Would be cool to have given him a such a gift as a present. As it were, Snap-Kits has a receiver in their product lineup and I think that was one of the add-ons to his collection 'DSG and I got for him over the years.

About the same age I started playing with crystal sets with my uncle (W6TCO). Sad part is back then I used cardboard tubes/oat meal boxes for the forms-now I use my empty pill bottles-so many sizes and the lids make a neat mounting point.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

When I was about 15 or 16 I built a similar kit... a 3 tube regeneratiive receiver with 3 plug in coils that you had to wind yourself. It covered roughly from the AM Broadcast band right on up to about the top end of 40 meters. Once I got the hang of using the regenerative feedback it actually worked quite well. I was pulling in shortwave stations from all over the globe as well as the 80 and 40 meter ham bands. In fact it was on that radio that I first heard the 75 meter AM'ers. It served me well for years till I eventually got a Lafayette and then a Hammarlund HF receivers.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post

No. I had to google to see what you were talking about.

I had to show you guys my one tube regen receiver that I scratch built years ago, from an article in 73 Magazine.
    z receiver front Standard e-mail view.jpg
    z receiver rear Standard e-mail view.jpg