Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasons Greetings and Other Stuff

Seasons Greetings and Other Stuff

Anyone else notice there isn't near the activity here that there was last year or even earlier this year?

I know that I, for one, don't get here as much as I have in the past, and I haven't posted on any other site in several years. This is the only ham related site that I feel comfortable using, and have made many friends on here as well.

I know Adam is freezing his ass off in Maine, and he and Devie are very busy trying to get situated in making a new life for themselves. My wife and I really enjoyed having lunch with them. They went way out of their way to make a special trip to meet with us. I'm sure that Bob, who I also had the pleasure (?) of meeting, is very busy in his new job, traveling all over hells half acre, and trying to make more money than the Koch brothers. And Gerry (Nanook of the north) well, he's just Gerry. My guess is that he is spending a lot of time trying to find Maxwell. Probably trying to have him for Christmas dinner. (Do they even celebrate Christmas way the fuck up there? And here's to all the others that have come and gone. I also miss the interaction with many of you that are still here, and I hope to spend a bit more time here in the future.

Although I'm not terribly active in the political boards, I do miss jerking Janet's chain. It was hard to do, but every now and then there would be an opening, and bazingo, a well placed shot over the bow. Most of all, I really miss is interacting with the Pope. I missed a chance to meet him last year, but will meet up with him when we get back to San Diego. I look forward to a trip on his yacht. He and I (along with Bob and a few others) really had a lot of fun playing off of each other, or setting ourselves up so someone else could take a well aimed (and funny) shot at each us. For me, it was a lot lighter, and more fun back then.

Obviously, I can't change anybody's mind or belief, and even if I could, I wouldn't. The one thing that has always worked around here, is taking a cool down break after a very heated discussion. Once composed, everyone comes back, and things are just like they have always been. There has always been a high amount of jocularity and camaraderie on here, some very heated discussions and hurt feelings, but everyone always came back, picked up the pieces, and moved along to the next pun-fest, cheap shot, cartoon, joke, or whatever. I miss all of that, a lot.

It is my hope for the new year ahead of us is that we can get all of the family back together, and have fun like we have always done before. After a shitty day, I could always make it better by getting on here for awhile. I'm sure there will be more heated discussions and more hurt feelings and butt-hurt, but the frivolity, joking around, and just plain fun should be enough to overcome all the negative shit. As one man said "Can't we all just get along"? He was willing, and this he stated after having had the worst beating of his life.

This time of the year reminds me of all the SKs whose voices, posts, and wisdom we will never hear or see again. Albi W3MIV, Bob VK3ZL, and Russ W5RB. They will not be forgotten.

I hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday season.

PEACE
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 12-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Agreed. And agreed. And agreed yet again. Fucking tRump.

Love ya man, Merry Christmas. Or whatever floats yer turds in a punch bowl. Hope you get laid.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Funny thing is that the south is snowing and we have none. We are definitely scraping ice off the windows, but we are going to work in the dark, early morning hours, but still...

I have been trying to get back on here more often because this really is the only ham radio based forum i visit. I haven't been in the the Zed forums in years. Nothing there for me. So im hoping to see more action on here in the near future.

I hope you are having a happy holidays...oops! There i go, waging war on Christmas again. Fuggin' pagan scum i am. But seriously, Merry Christmas to you all. Merry everything, just smile and enjoy each others company. :)

I'm pretty easy going these days. The anger over everything has subsided and I am just happy to be where i am in life, sharing it with Dev and our fat, spoiled cats. I really cant complain. The small town things you guys warned me about is all true, however! Wow! Just an FYI, we will be making another move this fall, only not as far, this time to Portland...and closer to Boston. Thats more our speed. Belfast is a beautiful little town, but its VERY exclusive to outsiders like us, even though everyone is super friendly, we can see it in action everywhere...these sunsabitches need to get out of Waldo county more often, FFS! I talk too fast and Dev is some kind of foreigner woman (I dont think they have ever seen a Pacific Islander before). Besides, Portland has killer restaurants and a Guitar Center. :)

So yeah, I think about those we lost and appreciate those we still have. I wish you all a great holiday season, get drunk, get laid, get on the air...maybe even get up to Maine and say hi! :)

...but not Trump. He can fuck off.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

I think we're all wore out from the constant barrage of a bizzaro POTUS. I stopped saying to myself that he couldn't possibly get worse.
    You know, we read about this kind of stuff in grade school but it was always like, "that won't happen here because of the constitution and the systems of checks and balances." Yet ... here we are.
    I believe it is wearing on all of us and most days I'm like, "why the fuck bother."
    I also believe that we used our freedom on the Island just like it is describe in our constitution and over the years we have seen who can handle that, and who can not. There are pluses and minuses. I guess the question is, how small or large would you want our little group to be. One thing for sure, a lot of everything we have talked about over the last 11 years (10 years 10 months) ... have happened. It has been said many times, "It'll get worse before it gets better." When are things going to stop getting worse?

I used to be a member of many message boards. Facebook has mostly killed them off. Facebook it too unorganizeable to be able to keep all the information from a hobby based message board accessible. Here, I can search a board or use the search terms to find an antenna project or whatever link or information I'm looking for based on real world experience of someone here who has actually done it. On scooter and motorcycle boards I used to be able to access member's build threads and learn things step by step and read about the hints and kinks they encountered. *[Of note, many build threads went up in flames when Photobucket ended no fee 3rd party image hosting] Try doing that in a Facebook group. A lot of that is gone with slow disappearance of these communities.

I like it here on the Island. It's my favorite place. Among other things listed, age has curbed my enthusiasm. I'm not doing anything new in amateur radio. I'm really just an OTA voyeur.

Happy Holiday season ;)

I'm done with politics, Trump, and the rest did that...
    just active here, and on some European boards, and our satellite related board in the UK riling up a few brexiteers.;)
    Mostly on 160, 1850 where the transceiver is rusted stuck on.

Take care of yourselves, have fun you hear?
    ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Happy Holidays everyone.
    I am not going to say Fuck Trump as you can all do what you want but I don't swing that way....
    It is sad to see the SK list grow larger.
    I have been absent from here for most of the year but then a random check in now and then but i am and have been trumped out and that always seemed to be a main focus everywhere.
    Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah or a festive festivus.,

nessie christmas.jpg

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

I've been working quite a bit (both job and electronic stuff) but still try to get in here every day - especially when a thread piques my interest.

We don't do a lot of radio around the board these days. Thank you to the folks who still start those topics.

Paul, your RV looks nice. I actually decorated the evergreen in front of my house this year, though it's just me to enjoy it at the moment.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I usually decorate the front of the house but the XYL said I cant go on the roof until I get used to all the damn meds. So the RV got the treatment. I wanted a cousin Eddie to put next to it but they dont make one
    Last edited by kb2crk; 12-09-2017 at 10:06 AM.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

I've been slowly drifting away from ham radio. Many new changes at work with the new management team, spending the last two years working on the purchase of 3 new fire trucks and putting them in service has also taken a toll on my available time. That should change this time next year though as I pass the white helmet to the new sucker and retire from that gig. Between that and taking on guardianship of my granddaughter, camping, boating, fishing, traveling, flying my drone(s), baking bread and brewing beer, I find less and less time to play online.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Figures i made a post about it not snowing....its snowing.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.