Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasons Greetings and Other Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Figures i made a post about it not snowing....its snowing.
    That means it's time to get busy living.

Snowing here as well, expecting 4 to 6 inches here today and tomorrow, time to put the new 4 season tires to the test ;)
    Need croisants, so off to shopping we go.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I have not been around enough to notice a slow down of sorts. I have not check into any other ham radio forums or sites at all since about 2013 or so. I stop in here from time to time though. Life has just taken me in a direction that leaves me with much less time than I had as a teenager and university student but I figure that is pretty normal. Job, wife, house, projects, animals, other hobbies etc.

As for snow, it looks like the stay puft exploded outside our house! Snow is nice, for my wife but not so much for me. She is not used to seeing snow so last year was a real treat for her. Then again she has never raised goats or chickens before. Never done her own gardening nor canning and we have been doing all of that. Fishing etc. Busy, busy, busy but that has nothing to do with snow so I must digress. Damn snow...

Sure hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and the snow, if that is your thing. Interestingly I noticed that most of the stores are already putting their holiday stuff on close out and some stores even have t-shirts and shorts out...That is optimistic thinking.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

We got maybe a quarter inch in the area yesterday evening. Just enough to cover the ground and some of the roads.

Chatter on the public safety talk groups programmed into my BCD-996XT scanners was...interesting. Needless to say, I didn't go out until the evening rush was over and all the accidents had been towed away.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Light dusting here. Just enough to slick up the roads and help a couple accidents.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Still freezing here, and new snow dusting starting to fall.
    Traffic flowing well, we have an quite good system to keep the roads clean and gritted, though accidents do happen with idiots on summer tires still thinking their BMW or Mercedes/Audi logo protects them from slick roads.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Still freezing here, and new snow dusting starting to fall.
    Traffic flowing well, we have an quite good system to keep the roads clean and gritted, though accidents do happen with idiots on summer tires still thinking their BMW or Mercedes/Audi logo protects them from slick roads.
    These are the people who are not obliged to give any turn signals. It's a common phenomenon with the nouveau rich, "my car cost more than yours, I'll do what I want".

P1020640.jpgP1020634.jpgP1020635.jpgP1020636.jpgP1020637.jpg

Here are some seasonal pictures for you though I don't like taking up too much server space. There's about 300mm of snow where the sun hasn't reached.
    Try to forget about POTUS, he has dementia, possibly fronto-temporal, so it can only lead to serious disability and confinement to a hospice. Please look it up.

Looking at the claims that Christmas is too commercial (it has long been the traditional gift-giving festival) it occurred to me that we are doing it the wrong way round (not to be misinterpreted). Instead of starting Christmas in October, it should start on Christmas Eve and continue on for the "12 days of Christmas" as is still done on some countries. To me it's all a big build-up and then all finished by the end of Boxing Day. Somewhat depressing.
    When I was young, on Christmas morning I used to walk down the road with Grandma to collect the fresh meat from the butcher who would stay open until all customer orders were taken. It wouldn't be a turkey but perhaps a large goose, some beef and lamb to last up to a week or so. Customers and jovial banter were all part of the cheery butcher's day, followed by a visit to the pub. This was the old style shop with sawdust on the floor and carcasses hanging up in the shop and the window.
    Last edited by HUGH; 12-11-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Tryping errers.

Happy holidays to all. Past few days, has warmed up into the mid 40's while
    ya'll are getting snow down south. We can actually see our front lawn, snow's gone.
    If this keeps up I'm gonna grab my fly rod and go fishing.
    73 de AL7JK

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    These are the people who are not obliged to give any turn signals. It's a common phenomenon with the nouveau rich, "my car cost more than yours, I'll do what I want".
    See a lot of the same around the D.C., Northern Virginia area. They rarely use turn signals.

"hey you in the old pick up truck, I'm driving a BMW/Audi/Maserati so you need to get out of my way you peon"!

I commented to one at a traffic light "next time spring for the turn signal accessory".

Anyway, thanks for the beautiful pictures and have a great Holiday season whatever you celebrate.
    Last edited by K4PIH; 12-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"