Thread: Et TU HULU?

Et TU HULU?

My Social Security loaded card bounced my Hulu payment last week. After talking to CSR's that I could barely understand practically give me shit for attempting to use a "loaded card" on their system. Well, my other auto payments didn't bounce on this card, or others. I got out of bed to get a human being on the phone for my card. They admitted a massive security breach last week, but would not say who. They cancelled my exposed card, and were waiting for me to call, and inquire. They are sending me another card expedited for free (we shall see) Just to be sure, I had to answer all the security questions that I picked from a list, and not mention my street address on the phone. So I called the 888 number on the back of my card, and they only wanted my zip code. Here goes......

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

And the powers that be want a cashless society? How are they going to sell that one with this sort of shit going on with databases?

I hope you don't get burned man. Was it SS that had the breach or the card people?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

The SS cash card company had the breach in security, and I have a feeling Hulu got hacked. Someone did, and they won't tell me. That just separates me from my $ for a week. The last week of the month is not the best one to be separated.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

One reason i always keep a few 100 Euro's in the gun safe.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    I keep things locked in my medicine safe. My new card arrived UPS next day, yesterday. All the $ still there. They ate the expedite fee on this
    Last edited by suddenseer; 06-29-2018 at 08:59 PM.

cul de n8tb

keep some 5 euro notes there ... small change is helpful.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Smart move !!!
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.