Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New cat.in the house....

New cat.in the house....

2 weeks back a small 7 week old kitten sat down and stayed in my back yard, left it till it became dark in the hope the mother cat would pick it up, but it didn't... so took it in the house.
    Got the doctor to look at it, do the medical things needed, and got kitten food and a new cat litter box, the Maine coon didn't matter the new cat, just tapped her when she became too "playfull" .
    3 days later a woman living behind my house came by and told us it was one of 4 kittens of her, told her i would keep it, after the investment i made, and as now it is exhausted and laying on my lap.
    Fully black not a white patch to be seen, one very active furball.

She is now 9 1/2 weeks old, growing well, healthy and happy.
    Very social, likes to be with me or my son, playful like hell, keeping her busy becomes a day job...
    Will make piccie later and put it up.
    When time is due we will have her "treated" so she won't have a litter.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Uh oh. She may become a radio cat. I hear that's a thing over yonder. Congrats on you being selected Cor.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 10-19-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Yep, trying to keep her from walking over the radio gear or use it as resting place becomes a chore...;)
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Congrats on the new family member .

Awesome Charles!!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Cats are awesome. Like George said, congrats!
    Cats always sit on TV's (well, when they were thicker front to back), computers, etc and radio gear. One of the reasons is because it is yours. The other reason is because these things tend to be warm. You already knew all that. Cats are our friends.

Thanks, Eric.

I have its twin pestering me for attention as I type this.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Always been a cat person, cats "find" me, or i get one from the animal asylums here.
    She's happy, warm, loved, that is what counts.

Thanks Cor. If more people would open their homes to homeless pets like you did (and have them spayed and neutered) maybe this overpopulation of unwanted cats and dogs would be a fading memory.

We have always had dog pound or shelter pets, and will continue to do so. We just adopted a puppy with a heart murmur. She was to be destroyed. She is a real hoot, and my wife and I instantly fell in love with her. The cardiologist said she could very well just drop dead tomorrow because of her heart problem. I hope she lives a long and happy life with us. If not, she will have had the best possible shot at life possible, and we will have had a terrific experience having her in our lives. Actually, we usually have four or five dogs out here. We are back to three right now, and I'd like to rescue another one since we have both the time and space for another one or two. Unfortunately, cats don't do well out here. Between the hawks, owls, coyotes, bobcats, mountain lions, and other predators, the majority go missing, even house cats. Not long ago, a bobcat cornered one of out dogs. I keep a 9mm by the door, and grabbed it, and shot the bobcat as he was carrying off my dog. I really hated to have to kill the cat; it was a beautiful animal. But then out here, it's not all that unusual for our pets to get hauled away, it is also quite common for some of these wild animals to attack people and tear them up a bit, or worse.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL