Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cat.in the house....

Cats and doggies are our four legged kids, and they are welcome in my home. Will rescue again, hell YEA!

My wife and I are thinking of adding a younger critter here, to keep the two older ones young at heart.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

The Maine Coon is now 11 years old, likes her rest and sleeps most of the time, can get out in the back garden, but that is only when it is sunny and she can catch the rays on the garbage bin she prefers in the sun.
    She isn't impressed by the kitten, more looks as what do you think you are doing if a "attack" is done, only swaps with retracted claws if it gets too busy and a hiss here and there as warning.
    Sometimes they just sleep together, so no problems there.
    The new addition is sleeping on the lap now, been busy playing for 2 hours, and exhausted now.
    Keeps me busy as well, teaching her what can and what cannot be done here.....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I’ve had cats in the past...

Including radio cats, although Dobryn (who was really the wife’s cat... now the ex-wife, for the record) had a mean streak when he didn’t get attention. Once walked across the operating desk and “accidentally” sent my Vibroplex Brass Racer to an untimely end on a concrete floor...

And I’ve had dogs. Turns out I like dogs better. Besides, the Boss is deathly allergic to felines, so having a cat in the house is a moot point.

Whenever someone comes over to the shack, LucyFurr is always there to greet them. And beg for treats, expects attention, the whole drill. I still can’t believe that no one came looking for her, when we got her from shelter.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Always been a cat person, cats "find" me, or i get one from the animal asylums here.
    She's happy, warm, loved, that is what counts.
    Up until about 17 years ago, cats didn't like me and I didn't like cats. My wife came home with Simon, a black kitten and that animal promptly nuzzled up to me and made me its best friend. That cat was more like a dog, and was always by my side until his death last spring.

The wife and I drove an hour away into the next county for another black kitten, and Milo came home and proceeded to do the same thing. Milo is now six months old, plays fetch, and likes to hide his toys in my shoes, backpack and gym bag. I thought it was my wife doing that until I caught him doing it.

My wife's other cat, some form of mutant cat weighing 23 lbs, has never liked me. But he likes Milo.