Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 90+year old tube and spec sheet.

Thanks for sharing!!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Nice... I love old stuff like that. In fact I think I have a couple of those UX201A's however without the original boxes or spec sheets.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

So, I guess it's like a big transistor that runs on big batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    My Crosley Pup with a UX201A Attachment 15504
    I remember when stuff like this was fairly commonplace, but it still makes me wet. It makes you wonder where all the majority of stuff like this and old military stuff went.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I remember when stuff like this was fairly commonplace, but it still makes me wet. It makes you wonder where all the majority of stuff like this and old military stuff went.
    In the 90's there were a lot of big buyers out of Japan. Millionaire collectors. They hired American "agents" to run ads and search out for anything they could find. They drove up the price of vintage stereo equipment to the point that junk stores started putting any piece of stereo equipment from the 60's through the 80's up on auction sites and in the last 10 years Goodwill and others have formed their own auction sites.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    My guess is, most of it got trashed. Fair radio in Ohio used to be the place for military surplus gear. R390's, ARC-5's T-195's, GRC-9's, etc. I bought a complete GRC-9 station , and a TV-7 tube tester from them back in the 90's. I'm pretty sure that stuff is gone from their inventory now.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    My guess is, most of it got trashed. Fair radio in Ohio used to be the place for military surplus gear. R390's, ARC-5's T-195's, GRC-9's, etc. I bought a complete GRC-9 station , and a TV-7 tube tester from them back in the 90's. I'm pretty sure that stuff is gone from their inventory now.
    Yeah, back in the day I bought all kinds of surplus from Fair. They were a great source for military service documentation.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Looking at Fair Radio Sales www site, like near fell outta my chair when I saw the
    price tag of that R-390A, wow !

Quote Originally Posted by AL7JK View Post
    Looking at Fair Radio Sales www site, like near fell outta my chair when I saw the
    price tag of that R-390A, wow !
    Holy crap! $1200 + shipping. Must be that special model with the gold plated chassis.