Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
i understand all that. but it's hard to feel that this database will only be used for this purpose.
What? You don't mean to suggest that we shouldn't trust that our friendly benevolent and utility companies would do anything even slightly nefarious with this data, now or in the future? Don't you know that they only have our own best interests at heart?

... OK, you can quit spitting coffee on your screens and/or ROTFL now; and for the benefit of the gym-teacher types who could easily sub for TV's Captain Obvious, yes, obviously I was being sarcastic there ...

I agree that there is potential there for other, less than kind, uses of that database. Offhand, I can't think of what... and it's not like it's that hard to figure out where most of us live, anyway... but the potential is definitely there.

Even so... for now at least, if someone is interested in using the new bands, this is a risk one will have to evaluate and then decide if it's too big of a risk, enough to make them pass on using the bands.