So, last November at the WACOM Hamfest, fellow has a couple of scopes on a table right down from where I'm set up with others from my club.

I walk over, and one that looks in pretty good shape is marked for $35. I mention it to my friend Jim WB4GCS, goes over, takes one look at it, and says "at that price? grab it!"

Price has been marked up to $60, but I mention that I just saw it for $35, guy goes "yeah, I did have that price on it, if you have cash, it's yours". I did, and it was.

'Scope has been with Jim since. After we got it back to the club table, he noticed a few things that needed adjusted or cleaning, and offered to take care of it for me.

Just got it in the house tonight. Just about perfect, with a caution about Channel 2 & being careful with it, and him telling me to get a few more high quality test leads. AND with a printout of the user manual ("Read it thoroughly!" he says, you think I'm arguing with a retired USN Commander?) AND the service manual.

6512.jpg

Wow. A piece of real test equipment, at long last, to go with the frequency counter and VTVM. I'm not sure I can handle this. Not to worry though, no gold paint is going on the screwdrivers...