Thread: New Toy

New Toy

So, last November at the WACOM Hamfest, fellow has a couple of scopes on a table right down from where I'm set up with others from my club.

I walk over, and one that looks in pretty good shape is marked for $35. I mention it to my friend Jim WB4GCS, goes over, takes one look at it, and says "at that price? grab it!"

Price has been marked up to $60, but I mention that I just saw it for $35, guy goes "yeah, I did have that price on it, if you have cash, it's yours". I did, and it was.

'Scope has been with Jim since. After we got it back to the club table, he noticed a few things that needed adjusted or cleaning, and offered to take care of it for me.

Just got it in the house tonight. Just about perfect, with a caution about Channel 2 & being careful with it, and him telling me to get a few more high quality test leads. AND with a printout of the user manual ("Read it thoroughly!" he says, you think I'm arguing with a retired USN Commander?) AND the service manual.

6512.jpg

Wow. A piece of real test equipment, at long last, to go with the frequency counter and VTVM. I'm not sure I can handle this. Not to worry though, no gold paint is going on the screwdrivers...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Now, aren't you glad you stopped and scoped it out?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Ahhh, yup.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Ha, I saw what you did there. Good job rata

Great find Ron! Enjoy! Someday I would love something like that for the odds and ends around here.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

I had an earlier model Hitachi for a long time, and gave it to a buddy that needed a scope.
    They are good scopes.

Upgraded to a four channel Tektronix that I found for a song,
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I had a Hitachi 'scope very similar, the case plastic, which I think is mostly ABS, was getting rather brittle and the rear required a little epoxy filler. 18 months later a Tektronix 4-channel came up so I grabbed it immediately.

I built my own scope.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.