Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more hf privileges for techs?

more hf privileges for techs?

apparently this is something the ARRL wants (based, in turn, on about 8k in responses from members) ... http://cqnewsroom.blogspot.com/2017/...leges-for.html

i can hear the bitching and moaning already ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

This is America. Just give them full privileges under one license. The same way we do with motorcycles. Get your learner's permit and you can go out and buy a bike big enough to overcome any of your "manhood" issues. Doesn't mean you will be able to ride it safely but at least you've done something about tiny "manhood" thing.

In the case of the ARRL, this means they can sponsor more HF radio sales. Now if they could just link this to patriotism like the NRA does then ...

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Now if they could just link this to patriotism like the NRA does then ...
    Buy a Baofeng "opened up" and attend an ARRL sponsored Preppers Group?

Honestly, I don't care if they get more HF priv-LID-ges.
    Last edited by WØTKX; 09-05-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Buy a Baofeng "opened up" and attend an ARRL sponsored Preppers Group?

Honestly, I don't care if they get more HF priv-LID-ges.
    I don't care if they get more either. One of the things I've noticed across all cross sections of this country is the growing inability to just let people enjoy themselves.

It's a universal thing.
    Same here, we have 2 licenses, the "N" license which is the start license and just some 25 watt privilidges on partly 40 partly 20 whole 10 2 and 70.

The full license with all the goodies.
    Since the inception of the "N"licensees with calls starting with PD theyy have been rooting for more freqquencies and power for their license, and as we stated as full licensees you can opt to study and get the full license, we got clobbered with insults, and all kind of excuses not to study and get the full license.

Same went on in belgium, where they went from 10 to 50 watts, and all over Europe restricted entrance licensees are rooting for more liberties for doing nothing to earn it.

I came in the hobby for building stuff electronics antenna's build my own satellite receiver before that became popular and consumer receivers popped up, and still till today i'm interested in new developments and technical stuff.
    Most new hams just see it as extention for their phone, can't properly solder a PL259 plug to a coax cable ( if they own a soldering iron that is) which is a loss for the hobby.
    The goal of our hobby is to learn, to be interested in it, to learn about electronics, or at least understand what you are working with, propagation, etc and improve your knowledge and yourself through the hobby.
    If you ditch all that you are just a glorified CB er, nothing wrong with a CB er, but you didn't get the license for that.

Or maybe i'm just an old carmudgeon...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    This is America. Just give them full privileges under one license. The same way we do with motorcycles. Get your learner's permit and you can go out and buy a bike big enough to overcome any of your "manhood" issues. Doesn't mean you will be able to ride it safely but at least you've done something about tiny "manhood" thing.

In the case of the ARRL, this means they can sponsor more HF radio sales. Now if they could just link this to patriotism like the NRA does then ...
    I'm kinda ok with same privs, et al.

Basically, Tech's (Or beginners, or whatever we call it) get non-voice modes on HF. Extras (Experts, master, whatever), get all modes, all bands.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

What problem is this proposal attempting to address?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

A solution to a problem that doesn't exist, yet.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

So let's cut to the chase.

Mail in a water bill and $25 and get your extra class license today!

Or go online to www.fcc.payola.gov and use a debit/credit card and print your own boys n girls��
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Why? I already have one.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful