Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To our south coast members

Power went out here about 90 minutes ago. Tree in the neighborhood fell on the lines. Crew is on it.

Power is just fine and dandy here!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

It came back on 1:30 AM that same night. They had to get a pole planting truck out there to plant another pole.

Tribal Warrior
    I live just north of Tampa. I have been through 9 hurricanes now and this one was by far the scariest coming in. We are still without power, but they are saying it should be back up by midnight tonight. We'll see. I got lucky and was able to buy a generator, but I can't imagine what it's like for those without one. The Keys who routinely get hit have never experienced any storm like this before. The devastation there is massive and will be years coming back from this. I will say the death toll is surprisingly low considering the power of Irma. I was expecting it to be much higher. Even in the Caribbean the number of deaths was lower then I thought it would be. So, I guess we can be thankful for that. The coming weeks will be hard for many people in South Florida and along the islands. Keep them in your thoughts.
    The fall of this country will not be at the hands of a foreign enemy, but at the hands of the ignorant and uneducated of this country.

Glad you and your family are doing good. Looking at the pictures of before and after, HOLY SH!T. Lucky it wasn't 10 times the death toll. Maybe all those crazy fcskers with the Weather Channel that are out in the middle of storms actually get across the point of a storms fury. I wouldn't do it.

Power or no power, glad we can see you on the other side of Irma.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Tribal Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Glad you and your family are doing good. Looking at the pictures of before and after, HOLY SH!T. Lucky it wasn't 10 times the death toll. Maybe all those crazy fcskers with the Weather Channel that are out in the middle of storms actually get across the point of a storms fury. I wouldn't do it.

Power or no power, glad we can see you on the other side of Irma.
    Thanks, we got our power back yesterday afternoon. Today I spent the day cleaning up. This week I will start getting my antennas back up in the air. Looking around we came out of it really well. I can't complain, because it could have been so much worse. Now, I'm watching for Maria and hoping it turns north and spares everyone.
    The fall of this country will not be at the hands of a foreign enemy, but at the hands of the ignorant and uneducated of this country.

Early on Oxycontin Fatso (a.k.a Rush Limbo) was telling his listeners that Hurricane Irma was fake liberal news orchestrated to scare people into believing in climate change. But a couple days later Fatso evacuated his Florida studio. Guess it wasn't fake enough ?
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.