Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To our south coast members

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Yep, up north I don't have to deal with head like I do down here.
    You're getting head? Who Gnu?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Hey Bob. Do you have an evacuation plan. She's leaning further and further to the west. Pumps ready?

He'll be staying in a shelter in Minnesota.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    This Irma is a major disaster in progress. I hope there is minimal loss of property, and no loss of life.

For those of you in harms way, I'll be thinking of you, hoping you are safe.

Find a good place to hunker down, and forget about your radios and other possessions. They are replaceable, you aren't. Take care of your families, friends, and neighbors.

Hang on and may God be with you.

There is a positive in all this....... the opportunity of seeing Anderson Cooper blowing by in the wind! The only good thing to see on CNN when there is a chance for something to happen to him when he sticks his neck out to report on the hurricane!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

http://southernmostpointwebcam.com/

This is the cam for the buoy landmark called Southern Most Point. The waves and water are crashing up on the street and people and still driving by and stopping.
    This is Key West. Five feet of surge will put most of the island under water. Eight feet and it's gone.

I went through two hurricanes in Florida and it is not a good experience. My prayers to everyone and please evacuate if you are told to, there is just too much risk to stay.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    http://southernmostpointwebcam.com/

This is the cam for the buoy landmark called Southern Most Point. The waves and water are crashing up on the street and people and still driving by and stopping.
    This is Key West. Five feet of surge will put most of the island under water. Eight feet and it's gone.
    I tried to click on to this address but all I got was "Service Unavailable" ......... I fear the worst!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I am grateful for the 5:00 am text from my daughter, et.al. They are safe in a high school building public shelter in Ft. Myers. They are embracing for the deluge later tonight.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    I tried to click on to this address but all I got was "Service Unavailable" ......... I fear the worst!
    The links to the cams are dying, losing power, connections, etc. There are some Earthcams in Miami and Ft Lauderdale you can search for or serach for even.