Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First Ride to the Hospital in an Ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    Just let the weeds grow, you will be fine.
    Glad you're ok.
    Thanks George. Unfortunately I am going to have to do more weed trimming but rest assured I'll be taking an antihistamine and using my rescue inhaler before I start the trimming. I'll also be wearing a good dust mask and carrying my ephedrine injector. But first I have to fix my weed trimmer. For some reason the darned thing won't start up. My gasoline might be too old or my carburetor or fuel lines might need changing and cleaning.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    You never know what's going to happen. I've only travelled by ambulance twice, both in the same day. It was 10 years ago, when I fell and obliterated my right knee. The first ride was to the emergency room in the town we were in, where they put me in an immobilizer brace and sent me home. The second ride was to the local hospital when I couldn't manage to get up the front steps into my house. It turned out I'd torn all the tendons off my kneecap, so the leg wasn't going to get better on it's own.

Sept.1, I made another trip to the emergency room in Colorado, with my BP sitting at 240/100 and chest pains. It eventually turned out I had screwed up one of my BP meds - I guess the others weren't doing much! Two days in the hospital followed by many, many followup visits since. I'm lucky it didn't happen until my wife joined me, or I'd have been stuck someplace, most likely way out in the sticks where I'd been the previous week.

So yes, you never know. I've learned now to take all my pill bottles with me when I travel. If I have my own pill bottles, the hospital can just use mine instead of charging me a fortune for them. But if they aren't in the bottles, they can't use them.
    The one time I stayed overnight in a hospital for and infected wound on my leg. This was about 2 or 3 years ago. Even though I brought all my medications avec moi the hospital INSISTED that I use their medications from their pharmacy/dispensary.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    The one time I stayed overnight in a hospital for and infected wound on my leg. This was about 2 or 3 years ago. Even though I brought all my medications avec moi the hospital INSISTED that I use their medications from their pharmacy/dispensary.

That's SOP.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

yeah, that's SOP. last time i was in a hospital i had a med in a dose they didn't have handy. "well, i could take mine, which is in the correct dose" "no, take these instead ... they add up correctly."
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane