Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Rollover In Front Of My House

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Were you injured in that rollover ? Must be pretty scary to be inside a car that is out of control and flipping over.
    No John, I was really lucky. This was on a newly (then) opened stretch of 4 lane that connects southern parts of the Denver metro area together (C470). I got right out after finally landing upside down; opened the door, popped the belt, landed on head, wiggled around and stood up. I remember yelling at the poor lady that caused the accident which wasn't very nice as she was pretty shook up by it. I had a few bruises and I remember my head bonking the door glass several times as I was swirling around, so perhaps a headache too. This was 1986-ish, when I was younger, dumber and full of, well, never mind. Except the car was totaled of course. Quite the testament to the quality of those era Japanese cars and the reason I continue to wear a seat belt at all times.

Oh yeah, this was around 10am in January so everything was frozen except the road so it made finding my scattered belongings easier to find. And there were quite a few I never found, mostly individual sockets and a few wrenches too. I wasn't as much scared as irritated I was going to miss getting to work that day when I really couldn't afford to miss a day. Probably should've scared me shitless but I think the previous years' motorcycle oopsies already did that.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    There is unproven rhetoric regarding motorcycle crashes, as in making things worse.
    But I dunno, you hit any barrier in a bike, it's bad, and maybe fatal.

We are using (one of) the newer high cable tension systems.
    Colorado DOT installing them iall over, which is good.
    Reminds me of energy absorbing racing barriers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_barrier

Yeah, I can't see hitting anything on a motorcycle ending well for the operator.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Yeah, I can't see hitting anything on a motorcycle ending well for the operator.
    And the drunks around here still continue to ride recklessly sans gear - most times at speed.

I was on a Connie 14 last night heading south on a two-lane state route and one came wobbling out of a residence's driveway, crossed the yellow line far enough that I had to evade.

Doofus will try that trick on a cable barrier precisely ONCE.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Were you injured in that rollover ? Must be pretty scary to be inside a car that is out of control and flipping over.
    I was in two near fatal rollovers a few years back. I got busted up pretty good, and still have some problems that will get progressively worse as time goes on. The one ride in an air evac helicopter was a 5 minute trip that cost over 17,000 dollars. Take it from me, it's no fun at all.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL