Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar Eclipse 2017

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Got my welder's shade out for a couple of quick glances. No more than 50% occlusion here at peak.

You could just make out the lower lunar limb.
    Local news claimed 80% in Pittsburgh at the peak.

I was at W3WH's in the morning, helping him make some contacts in the Solar Eclipse QSO Party. I watched some of the NASA feed in the afternoon. After that half hour of so of thunderstorm this morning, I didn't really expect to see much around here.

Little Miss Field Day was worried that LucyFurr would look at the eclipse and go blind. Not a problem; she slept on the couch all afternoon. It's what that pup does best... well, that and shed...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I don't know what the percentage was around here butt it didn't get much darker than a mildly hazy day. I tried to take a picture of the sun but I was getting too much glare and I didn't have a proper lens filter handy. The upcoming 2024 eclipse should be much more dramatic here as it is supposed to pass through New York. Assuming I am still living in New York in 2024 it should be a good show here,
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I don't know what the percentage was around here butt it didn't get much darker than a mildly hazy day. I tried to take a picture of the sun but I was getting too much glare and I didn't have a proper lens filter handy. The upcoming 2024 eclipse should be much more dramatic here as it is supposed to pass through New York. Assuming I am still living in New York in 2024 it should be a good show here,
    Were you in NY 7 years ago?

Tribal Warrior
    eclipse6.jpg

eclipse4.jpg

I drove up to Spring City Tennessee for the eclipse. I shot about 250 pictures. These two made it into the assignment section of Outdoor Photographer. When the next one comes in 2024. I highly recommend going to see it in totality. It was an incredible experience.
    The fall of this country will not be at the hands of a foreign enemy, but at the hands of the ignorant and uneducated of this country.

Incredible photos! We were outside the totality zone, but I did put a welding shield together with #9 and #5 lenses stacked to have a look. At first, everyone in the office (about 30 people) were kinda "ho, hum", but they all came out when they heard they could view it clearly and safely through the shield!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Tribal Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Incredible photos! We were outside the totality zone, but I did put a welding shield together with #9 and #5 lenses stacked to have a look. At first, everyone in the office (about 30 people) were kinda "ho, hum", but they all came out when they heard they could view it clearly and safely through the shield!
    Ingenious, I never would have thought of that. I'm glad everyone got to see it. I'm a huge fan of NASA, space, space travel and astronomy.
    The fall of this country will not be at the hands of a foreign enemy, but at the hands of the ignorant and uneducated of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Were you in NY 7 years ago?
    I miss the old days.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.