Thread: Bought new 4K sat receiver.

Bought new 4K sat receiver.

Since i got the 4 K phillips telly, my older VU+ HD receiver started to play up, after 3 years (a)buse...
    So went out today and got the VU+ UNO 4 K satellite receiver, to match the Telly.
    Will install tomorrow, just replaced the standard software with Linux based OpenPli software.
    Have to set all satellites back in from 45 east to 45 west....
    Last edited by PA5COR; 08-01-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I do the 4K Ultra streaming. I am getting old. I accidentally screwed up something that made Netflix to make a fluttering/skipping sound. It took me 3 hours of messing with the settings to get the stereo/sound bar/woofers configured. Live sports are awesome to watch.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Netflix is straight on the telly, even has it's own button on the remote.
    In the settings of the telly you can set the delay of the audio and settings of the HDMI 2 audio output to the outboard amps/speakers.
    Been busy with a larning curve on the telly's settings new round, Satellite receiver setting up... leeping the grey cells "entertained"
    Stopped drinking alcohol at 26 looks like i get a good incentive to start again...
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Got my TVs all on Comcrap. Works good!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

90 HD stations on cable, 27 satellites from 45 east to 45 west to pick from some with 2000 channels, netflix, 40/4 stable cable internet can stream anything i want, so it doesn't look as if i'm short in choices.

In the end i mostly watch channels from cable and about 150 in my favorites in the satellite receiver.
    At least there are 4, yes 4 UHD channels up on satellite ;), including 3 test channels running some UHD stuff.

I am a redneck, all I need is a 6 pack of beer, and a bug zapper on the back porch.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Up and running, 23 sat's put in, was easier as thought the positioner settings were taken over, just a scan of every sat to get all transponders, downloding latest software, and some add ons, making the favorite list, done.

compared to the VU+ Solo HD receiver of 4 years back it is really fast changing channels, very nice UHD piccie from the few UHD channels, ( some test channels some advertising stuff, one or 2 programs)

Remote is the same, and the software though upgraded ( OpenPli) is look alike, just a few different settings in the set up.
    Upscaling of HD and SD channels isn't too bad, just switch off the imige "enhancement options" in the telly.

The fast dual core 1700 MHz processor and large fast memory does really help improve speed of changing channels and modes.
    The only thing i can find against the receiver is that the front has just one led to show the receiver is on, USB3 on the side and back as well the CI slot and card reader at the back.

No problem cables are long enough to take the light weight receiver out of the cabinet and do whatever you need doing at the back and set it back.

The receiver stays cool, it is now on since 11.00 this morning and is just luke warm to the touch.
    The power comes from an switched adaptor which has a large surplus in power so stays cool as well.
    You could run it on 12 volts in the camper.
    So far, so good, for the price an nice 4 K receiver with enough reserve to stay here for years.

Bug zapper? have 'm, a large one with 2 TL 18 watt lamps and 3000 volts on the grids, enough to roast any bug untill it explodes in flames, replace beer for coffee and i'm set.