Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USB Wireless Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    My experience with those extenders is that when they work, they do indeed give much better coverage. I've used TP-Link, Asus, and one other that I can't remember the make. At some point in time, they would all drop and required a reset of the extender, the router, and the device(s) it fed. The trade off of distance vs speed and reliability wasn't worth it, to me. I ended up just getting a router with good performance and distance. I haven't tried any of them in the last couple of years or so. They may now offer better reliability and speed over longer distances than the ones I tried.
    I was browsing around at Microcenter yesterday and I was looking at some of those repeaters among other things like routers, access points, etc. I wound up buying an ASUS Wireless N router / access point / extender. I'm running it as an access point since I have a Linux box down the line that already functions as a router (among other services). I still have my old Linksys Wireless G access point attached to the same subnet so now there are two wireless points feeding the same network.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Just testing a cheap generic USB wireless dongle I picked up a week or so ago. It too worked right out of the box on Fedora 25.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.