Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Genocide

Genocide

Who is waging this war on society?

It's just not safe anymore.

Any cuts to Healthcare will result in more sick people.

Stuff like this pluck the strings of my emotions.

Sheriff Richard "DICK" Jones

No use in continuing to throw good money after bad?

Officer down?

Can Just Touching Fentanyl Cause An Overdose?

By Zachary Siegel 07/11/17

Medical experts weigh in after a police officer reportedly overdoses from brushing fentanyl off his clothing.

You probably heard the story about the Ohio police officer who said he overdosed after brushing away illicit fentanyl that somehow landed on his clothes. After all, it spread like wildfire.
    But what you may have missed were the numerous medical experts, from doctors to forensic toxicologists, suggesting how preposterous such a scenario is.

https://www.thefix.com/can-just-touc...cause-overdose

Master Navigator
    It's hard for me to believe that so many people are foolish enough to use heroin. I believe that in most cases, these people became addicted to prescription pain killers, and can no longer get them, so they have turned to heroin in order to avoid withdrawal. So many of these prescription drugs are much more powerful than heroin when abused. The most tragic heroin cases here have all been high school athletes who were injured, and given opioids.

Ramping up the war on drugs isn't going to solve the problem. The problem is lack of supervision in medical opioids, in many cases no doubt because the patients are underinsured or do not have adequate access to the supervision they need.

Overreact much, Mel?

Yeah, opioid abuse is a problem but, genocide? No. Nothing like genocide.

Please Google that word.
    My Dearest Karma
    I have a very long list
    Of people youve missed.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Overreact much, Mel?

Please Google that word.
    Hyperbole from the Hyperbowl. I've been known to scoop out of that bowl myself a few times. Often used to make a point when you feel strongly about something.

There is a belief among many that the new opiate based drug crisis was engineered to not only make drug companies and LE money but to give way to new and stricter drug laws because everyone knows how successful prohibition is. Regardless, Middle America will be onboard with any and all enforcement efforts because bad people, Jesus, America and guns.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

Because Democrats are trying to take Jesus and guns out of America.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

Genocide?

Genocide?

Really?

Hyperbole is one thing, and the opioid crisis is nothing to laugh about... but calling it genocide shows a total misuse or misunderstanding of the word.

The Holocaust was genocide.
    The oppression and murder of ethnic Albanians in Kosovo was genocide.

This is not genocide.
    You're only as young, or as old, as you feel.
    Who have you felt up lately?

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The Borg are wrong.
    Resistance is
    NOT Futile.
    Resistance is Voltage divided by Current

It's those pesky Darwin Awards on steroids.

Wait, what?

Yes the Opioid crisis is a real problem and I don't want to come off as discounting this. I have family dealing with chronic, debilitating pain so I have some exposure to the problem; albeit second hand and not personal experience. Not yet, anyway, to the level they are experiencing it. Thank you God.

Genocide? No, anymore than trying to claim crack cocaine was genocide against blacks. I don't see a connection. Who exactly is trying to kill off whom with heroin?

I understand and empathize with feelings of hopelessness in the face of this particular issue. I also appreciate the emotion that goes along with it too. But I can't get on board with genocide until I see a correlation somewhere. Please prove the case and I will be with you on this. Till then, I can only empathize with your position and hope it's not personal with you.
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Overreact much, Mel?

Please Google that word.
    Often, only to later be acknowledged as, "Being ahead of my times."

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    It's those pesky Darwin Awards on steroids.

Wait, what?

Yes the Opioid crisis is a real problem and I don't want to come off as discounting this. I have family dealing with chronic, debilitating pain so I have some exposure to the problem; albeit second hand and not personal experience. Not yet, anyway, to the level they are experiencing it. Thank you God.

Genocide? No, anymore than trying to claim crack cocaine was genocide against blacks. I don't see a connection. Who exactly is trying to kill off whom with heroin?

I understand and empathize with feelings of hopelessness in the face of this particular issue. I also appreciate the emotion that goes along with it too. But I can't get on board with genocide until I see a correlation somewhere. Please prove the case and I will be with you on this. Till then, I can only empathize with your position and hope it's not personal with you.
    "Hyperbole from the Hyperbowl. I've been known to scoop out of that bowl myself a few times. Often used to make a point when you feel strongly about something."

You better hurry up and know that this is something I feel strongly about; if you noticed, these were all stories about the Opioid Epidemic in my city and state.

You may want to parse the word "Genocide" down to it's strictest definition and apply it a specifically to race or religion but, I am speaking of it in terms of a "class" of individuals.

Wide scale Heroin addiction came to America when the soldiers came home from S.E. Asia in the sixty's and seventies; after we pulled out of S.E. Asia, the majority of white Heroin disappeared from "Fly-Over-country" and, the addicts adapted to shooting "Talwin" and Benzedrine(?), known on the street (of the Black community) as "T's and B's". Eventually, Naloxone was added to the Talwin to reduce the abuse-ability. All of those old heads from the 60's and 70's are dead now.

Yes, there was something from South of the border called brown Heroin.

There has always been prescription pain killer abuse but, when Big Pharma ships millions of pain pills to towns with populations in 10's of thousand and less while, revolving door "Pain Management Clinics" dispense medication to anyone who can afford it, it raises red flags. And then, the doctor or the pharmacy get audited and the clients have to find a new source.

The US Government goes back into Asia and again, there is white Heroin on the streets; what the hell are we really fighting for in Afghanistan? A renewed source of Heroin.

Now, back to the word "Genocide", it is my opinion that is what's going on with the "Drug Epidemic" and the For-Profit Prison system; Heroin is being used to cull the population of the weak willed and undesirables in the same manner that Marijuana is used as a marker (can be traced for months) to deny employment.

If you listened to the Cop, he said that the majority of the Heroin arrest take place before lunchtime, these are everyday people with jobs who need the drug to just be a functional citizen.

Why is it that I seem to have a personal axe to grind? Because, I have two kids who deal with this on a daily basis. Most folks only get the information the news reports pass along, listening to the county public service band gives you a more complete idea sooner than "sanitized and timed" local news.

BTW: at no point did I mention "Race" but, since it was introduced, I would highlight the fact that sentencing guidelines for smaller qualities of crack cocaine in Black communities were greatly skewed towards harsher penalties versus larger amounts of powdered Cocaine found in possession in the white neighborhoods. But, lets not get it twisted or sidetracked, we are not talking about Cocaine or Race, I am speaking about "Class" or, even "Caste" systems.

In conclusion: "Men in high castles" are colluding to reduce and control the population by use of addicting drugs and reduced medical care. I call this "Genocide."

Last edited by kom; 07-14-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Island Regular
    "Suicide", whether intentional or not, seems to me to be a more accurate descriptor.

Once, at government expense, I had morphine jabbed into my arm and the whole dose pushed in fast. It's been almost 50 years but I still remember having the top of my head feel like it was going to explode followed by painless bliss that made me not worry a bit about my precious bodily fluids that were soaking the ground. Heroin is even more powerful, and I can understand the appeal of feeling that wonderful if only for a few minutes. It's like "a minute on the lips, forever on the hips" on steroids. But in the end, it's suicide.