Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Genocide

Quote Originally Posted by KC2KFC View Post
    Thanks, and of course it is correct. I think that Mel should get a pass (still) because he was using the word in a looser context.
    Based on his context cues, of course. Maybe Democide would be closer, but that would apply to the Repeal Without Replacement.

Epidemic is probably the best word, but it does not have the impact of "all the best words", eh?
    ''Who is Barack Obama? Contrary to the rumors you have heard, I was not born in a manger.
    I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jor-El to save the Planet Earth.''

Quote Originally Posted by WTKX View Post
    Thanks, and of course it is correct. I think that Mel should get a pass (still) because he was using the word in a looser context.
    Based on his context cues, of course. Maybe Democide would be closer, but that would apply to the Repeal Without Replacement.

Epidemic is probably the best word, but it does not have the impact of "all the best words", eh?
    I interpreted his use of the word as a metaphor, and I'll leave it at that.

As it was said before, Mel is very passionate and I rarely fault anybody for being passionate about an issue because it is passion that leads to conversation and it is conversation that leads to action and it is action that leads to change.
    Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts.

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

cura te ipsum

Quote Originally Posted by KC2KFC View Post
    I interpreted his use of the word as a metaphor, and I'll leave it at that.

As it was said before, Mel is very passionate and I rarely fault anybody for being passionate about an issue because it is passion that leads to conversation and it is conversation that leads to action and it is action that leads to change.
    Where's the "like" button?

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger