Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Genocide

Quote Originally Posted by kom View Post
    Often, only to later be acknowledged as, "Being ahead of my times."
    < snip >
    Ah, no.
    < snip >
    You may want to parse the word "Genocide" down to it's strictest definition and apply it a specifically to race or religion but, I am speaking of it in terms of a "class" of individuals.
    < snip >
    Well, let's see...

Genocide (noun): The deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

Now exactly what group are we talking about? Opioid addicts? That is hardly a "national, racial, political, or cultural" group.

Here's another definition: "the policy of deliberately killing a nationality or ethnic group" Nope, addicts still don't qualify.

Remember: Your area isn't the only one suffering under this opioid-induced plague. Around here, those suffering and dying from it cut across all income levels, all nationalities, all ethnic groups, all races, religions, creeds, and backgrounds.

And who is doing this alleged genocide? "Men in high castles"? And who would they be?

"Genocide" indicates (or at least implies) that there is an organized group in a position of power, such as the political caste or leadership of a country or region, who by design plan to eliminate (which usually translates as murder) a particular group or groups.

The calculated and planned slaughter of roughly 11 Million souls before and during World War II (6 Million Jews and 5 Million Gypsies, LBGTQ, and other scapegoated 'undesirables' as deemed by the regime) is genocide.

The death from overdose of opioid addicts is not. It is a tragedy, it is a waste, is is a blight on our society, it is many things. But it is not genocide.

Or is there actual proof of the conspiracy? You show us evidence that there is an actual group in or with power that has organized this murderous epidemic, and I'll agree with you. Proof -- facts, evidence, videos, eyewitness testimony, confessions, that sort of stuff. Otherwise this is just another unsupported and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.
    You're only as young, or as old, as you feel.
    Who have you felt up lately?

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The Borg are wrong.
    Resistance is
    NOT Futile.
    Resistance is Voltage divided by Current

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Ah, no.

Well, let's see...

Genocide (noun): The deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

Now exactly what group are we talking about? Opioid addicts? That is hardly a "national, racial, political, or cultural" group.

Here's another definition: "the policy of deliberately killing a nationality or ethnic group" Nope, addicts still don't qualify.

Remember: Your area isn't the only one suffering under this opioid-induced plague. Around here, those suffering and dying from it cut across all income levels, all nationalities, all ethnic groups, all races, religions, creeds, and backgrounds.

And who is doing this alleged genocide? "Men in high castles"? And who would they be?

"Genocide" indicates (or at least implies) that there is an organized group in a position of power, such as the political caste or leadership of a country or region, who by design plan to eliminate (which usually translates as murder) a particular group or groups.

The calculated and planned slaughter of roughly 11 Million souls before and during World War II (6 Million Jews and 5 Million Gypsies, LBGTQ, and other scapegoated 'undesirables' as deemed by the regime) is genocide.

The death from overdose of opioid addicts is not. It is a tragedy, it is a waste, is is a blight on our society, it is many things. But it is not genocide.

Or is there actual proof of the conspiracy? You show us evidence that there is an actual group in or with power that has organized this murderous epidemic, and I'll agree with you. Proof -- facts, evidence, videos, eyewitness testimony, confessions, that sort of stuff. Otherwise this is just another unsupported and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.
    You define it as you will, I will call it as I see it.

.-.-.-

More importantly.....

Perhaps it might be wiser, as a society, to consider what conditions we place on people which may encourage them to be willing to risk life for an escape from reality.

Just a thought. But if people are so unhappy that they seek a chemical to alleviate their emotional suffering- it's not drug policy that needs to be changed.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    More importantly.....

Perhaps it might be wiser, as a society, to consider what conditions we place on people which may encourage them to be willing to risk life for an escape from reality.

Just a thought. But if people are so unhappy that they seek a chemical to alleviate their emotional suffering- it's not drug policy that needs to be changed.
    Now, that is a point of discussion; I totally agree, there is a reason that wide spread numbers in the population would take the chance of altering their mood or consciousness to the edge of death or beyond. Hearing the volume of OD calls on any given hour of any given day averages 3 per hour.

It is not wiser from a social point for the Government to reduce healthcare while at the same (Tin-Foil-Hat Time) aiding in the control and culling of the population by stepping up the Drug War while; lingering needlessly in best Poppy Production area in the world. What are we tangibly fighting for in Afghanistan; the right for women to drive cars when, 22 -24 millions Americans could lose healthcare?

Circumstantially, the more Asian Drugs are flowing into the country, the more "serfs" become prison labor in J. Sessions pay-for-play Private Prisons.

This is a modern day "Games of Thrones" with the populace being used as pawns on the political chess board.

You define it as you will, I will call it as I see it.

.-.-.-
    Well the way I see it, having seen the after effects of a genocide first hand on family members, you're misusing the term while devaluing the it's real meaning.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Well the way I see it, having seen the after effects of a genocide first hand on family members, you're misusing the term while devaluing the it's real meaning.
    Yes. This right here.

Mel likes to troll, that's what he's doing here. Again.
    My Dearest Karma
    I have a very long list
    Of people youve missed.

But why?
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Yes. This right here.

Mel likes to troll, that's what he's doing here. Again.
    I must disagree. Mel is passionate about matters that have an effect in his local area. The use of the term genocide is, however, a severe mis-characterization which distracts from another cause of this opioid crisis... apathy shown for the folks affected by "representatives" at all levels of government. Especially disturbing is a congress unwilling to fund assistance for the communities until shamed into it.

No, Mel's approach may seem 'trollish' here, but it is the correct one. A lot more noise needs to be made to shine a light on this problem and the shameful neglect by our elected "representatives".
    'Murica - Government of the Rich, by the Rich, and for the Rich; Thanks to our supreme court of traitors, Citizens United v. FEC, and now McCutcheon v. FEC.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    I must disagree. Mel is passionate about matters that have an effect in his local area. The use of the term genocide is, however, a severe mis-characterization which distracts from another cause of this opioid crisis... apathy shown for the folks affected by "representatives" at all levels of government. Especially disturbing is a congress unwilling to fund assistance for the communities until shamed into it.

No, Mel's approach may seem 'trollish' here, but it is the correct one. A lot more noise needs to be made to shine a light on this problem and the shameful neglect by our elected "representatives".
    Though apathy is not just the government's fault.

Historically, if you do a little digging, life threatening addiction is found mostly in oppressed people. The affluent abuse drugs of course, but they rarely die from it, or go to jail.

The real problem is "us"... or the "we the people".

It's about energy... when someone is treated badly... that has consequences. Like ripples from a stone dropped in water.

So if you treat a cab driver badly he may go out and run down a crowd of people. If you treat him well he may give an old lady a ride for free.

We.. as a society... a community... are at fault. We deny the humanity of "the other".
    --

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post

But they're "just addicts." Society would be better off if we just let them die in their moral failings. Addicts are people of poor character. Why would we want to spend money on them? They're already moochers and don't produce anything but criminal activity. As such, this isn't a medical problem but a law enforcement problem. We should go after them with the zeal that a momma grizzly has protecting her cubs.
    The money saved could be delivered to the actual producers, the Billionaire Class. We can't expect them to invest in America if we're not giving them the break the really deserve. God Bless the Billionaires. They are the true American heroes. Them and the hard working men and women in blue that we need to protect us from those filthy addicts.

Boom.
    There's some hyperbole, barkeep style. I agree with you, Luke. I also agree with Mel. The attitude taken towards this problem is not the way we need to handle it in 2017. Everyday the local news puts out another story on Grey Death. That's the name of some super concentrated shit that would kill an elephant. Instead of addressing the epidemic, how we got here and what possible reason they're putting stuff out on the street that's impossible to dose due to being so concentrated, they're talking about law enforcement needing more money. A bigger drug budget. Cops dying because Gray Death apparently kills on contact like a cockroach getting a direct spray from the can of Raid Super Max. The conversation is about prisons and once again being shaped to ramp up the War on Drugs. They have to have their war on drugs. The whole economy is shaped around creating a problem and then the illustrious political class says their the only ones who can fix it. Just when everyone thinks marijuana is OK, they roll out 10,000x strength synthetic heroin. "Oh well" they say. This new drug now proves that you don't deserve legal marijuana. You know, because bad people, Jesus, America, guns.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel