Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Genocide

I may as well get my 2 cents in. Back in 84 I was involved in a bad motorcycle wreak, broke my femur, collapsed a lung, broke knee and the tibia and tibia(well more crushed than anything), broke a collar bone, severed the sciatic nerve and the artery in my leg. Spent 2 weeks in ICU and nearly 3 months in the hospital. morphine while in ICU. 2 Vicodin (5/5oo) ever 3 to 4 hours after I got out of ICU. I had one night nurse that took it on her self to always be "late" or "to busy" to get me my meds on time-often miss the whole shift. Fast forward 30 years (on 5/500 Vicodin, 1 every 6 hours) with people telling me that it was all in my head I had both knees replaced and ever since no pain and no pain pills. the very day they were replaced I have had no pain. Some people need those pills. My doctor told me once that as long as you have a real need for the pills you really will not become addicted. I can say that I did feel "mean" two days after I took my last pill but that was the only sign of withdrawal.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

I now have oxys to deal with this double bypass meat carvery they did to me and since I'm almost out, I'm kinda glad but not looking forward to the continuous pain that lingers. I've weaned myself to just taking one before bed so I can sleep a little bit which is a lifesaver but that is about to run out. Getting hooked on pills scares the shit outta me because I know how my drinking and drugging went back in the day and it seems I have that addictive personality as well. Having been completely sober since Oct 21, 2009 and having lost nearly everything because I wasn't sober has given me an edge in being proactive about this shit. It saddens me to see just how far my head was buried about this issue and that giant popping sound followed by the bright light sure was a relief. It saddens me to see the pain all around me and my inability to alleviate any of it, including my own.

fuck
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

Never did drugs or alcohol, for my back pain i got some hefty painkillers which i ditched the next day after being in some comatose condition taking them.
    Since then i learned to live with the pain, one day is better as the other, bad days get by with one or 2 generic over the counter painkillers, and as soon it is bearable i stop that.
    Got an electric blanket last month, the warmth helps very well on the bad back, after getting in bed it goes out though.

About hard drug se here, it is considered a medical condition, soft drugs are not forbidden here since 30 years or so, hard drugs are, but there is lots of help and incitement to stop using them under doctors help and control.

See Portugal, where the use has been considerably lowered, crime went down a lot.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    Im not liberal/conservative, Im anti-idiotarian.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Back in the 1960's there were enormous drug related death rates. But these numbers were more or less confined to inner city ghetto's and received little attention let alone any sympathy or concern.

I've met 2 types of addicts over the years. The first type is the one that burns out fast... starts using, uses like crazy in ever increasing amounts, ends up selling everything they own and then some, and soon after crashes and ends up dead from an O.D. or some related health issue. On the opposite end of the coin there is the type who uses and reaches a certain limit and sort of stays more or less within that limit over the years. Their usage may fluctuate up and down over decades and they may even go clean for a while every now and then. I call them "functional" addicts/users. Most of these latter ones usually live to an old age.
    My uncle was a "Functional addict", he bought his addiction home with him from his Military experience overseas in the 1960's. Kept a steady job, for years; retired and, died a natural death 10 years or so after giving the addiction up.

Yes, the majority of the drug related deaths and crimes in the 60's and 70's were reported from the Inner Cities communities but, it also happened as much in the 'Burbs, it was just not publicized.

We hear a lot about "Black-on-Black" crime and the high murder rate in Chicago but, what about "White-on-White" crime?

Judge: Opioid crisis '100 percent man-made'

judge.jpg

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A federal judge assigned to oversee a collection of lawsuits - including several from West Virginia - blaming drug companies of fueling the nationwide opioid epidemic is urging participants to work together toward a goal of reducing overdose deaths.

Judge Dan Polster, based in Cleveland, Ohio, on Tuesday likened the nation's opioid epidemic to the deadly 1918 flu pandemic, while noting the drug crisis is "100 percent man-made."

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/n...e5e4bf8ab.html

This has become a "Drug Crisis" because, it is not confined to the inner cities but, ≈>97% of the overdose victims were not People-of-Color; last year, more than 60,000 people died from Opioid (Heroin, Fentenyl, Oxy-Co-family, etc) abuse/overdose.

Over 3,000 POC murdered people from their same community last year but, how many "White Collar Criminals" are responsible for the drugs shipped from Asia that are killing multiple hundreds of white Americans and destroying families daily? Oh by the way, the HIV rate is spiking because of the surge in I.V. drug usage.

I do not blame those who have a medical need for the drug as managed by a Doctor but, I have problems with the "Enablers" and the "Joy-Poppers".

Steppenwolf had it right - god damn the pusher man

It was an awesome tune to listen with stereo headphones. That l to R guitar riff still gives me chills.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by kom View Post
    My uncle was a "Functional addict", he bought his addiction home with him from his Military experience overseas in the 1960's. Kept a steady job, for years; retired and, died a natural death 10 years or so after giving the addiction up.

Yes, the majority of the drug related deaths and crimes in the 60's and 70's were reported from the Inner Cities communities but, it also happened as much in the 'Burbs, it was just not publicized.

We hear a lot about "Black-on-Black" crime and the high murder rate in Chicago but, what about "White-on-White" crime?

Judge: Opioid crisis '100 percent man-made'

judge.jpg

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A federal judge assigned to oversee a collection of lawsuits - including several from West Virginia - blaming drug companies of fueling the nationwide opioid epidemic is urging participants to work together toward a goal of reducing overdose deaths.

Judge Dan Polster, based in Cleveland, Ohio, on Tuesday likened the nation's opioid epidemic to the deadly 1918 flu pandemic, while noting the drug crisis is "100 percent man-made."

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/n...e5e4bf8ab.html

This has become a "Drug Crisis" because, it is not confined to the inner cities but, ≈>97% of the overdose victims were not People-of-Color; last year, more than 60,000 people died from Opioid (Heroin, Fentenyl, Oxy-Co-family, etc) abuse/overdose.

Over 3,000 POC murdered people from their same community last year but, how many "White Collar Criminals" are responsible for the drugs shipped from Asia that are killing multiple hundreds of white Americans and destroying families daily? Oh by the way, the HIV rate is spiking because of the surge in I.V. drug usage.

I do not blame those who have a medical need for the drug as managed by a Doctor but, I have problems with the "Enablers" and the "Joy-Poppers".

Yep. Opiate addiction has been with us for centuries and will probably be with us for centuries more. Some people seem to be able to deal with it in a somewhat conservative and measured way and go on for years on end, others can't and burn themselves out overnight. I guess it's the nature of the beast, people will naturally gravitate towards substances that make them feel good and bring forth a sense of well being. Time has proved that prohibition, prison and law enforcement don't work. Education and treatment have a much better track record. On demand treatment is probably the best option. But nothing is 100%. Providers of narcotic painkillers for medical use are caught between a rock and a hard place. They well catch hell for making these chemicals available at all. Yet if they restrict or limit access they'll be condemned for denying people access to pain relief and for making people suffer needlessly. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be in that business. As for a solution, I don't know if there is one. I would say less focus on prohibition and increased focus on education, treatment on demand, rehab, and pain reduction.
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-15-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

One of the most successful propaganda programs has been the prohibitionist's cry.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    One of the most successful propaganda programs has been the prohibitionist's cry.
    So true. Yet prohibition and the propaganda surrounding it persists and will likely continue to persist far into the future.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Human oppression knows no bounds