Thread: Fedora 26

Fedora 26

Not sure if Fedora 26 has been officially released yet but I installed it on my test system yesterday. Barring a couple of mistakes I made the upgrade from 25 -> 26 went smoothly and so far nothing broke, everything seems to be working just fine. In a couple weeks I'll upgrade this system to F26. This system I use for productivity so I like to upgrade a similar "test system" first before I commit this system to an upgrade.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Magdalena,New Mexico-- more left than right
    it's officially released now...

will probably upgrade tonight....will just let it run as it's a 1.7GB download.....
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    Arch Linux OS
    "If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Not sure if Fedora 26 has been officially released yet but I installed it on my test system yesterday. Barring a couple of mistakes I made the upgrade from 25 -> 26 went smoothly and so far nothing broke, everything seems to be working just fine. In a couple weeks I'll upgrade this system to F26. This system I use for productivity so I like to upgrade a similar "test system" first before I commit this system to an upgrade.
    Admittedly I'm more familiar with enterprise Linux like Red Hat, CentOS, and Debian.

But I've been looking to do more ham radio on Linux- is Fedora suitable? I've not had time to play with it.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Island Regular
    I have setup and run CQRLOG (installed original from repo then update via binary equivalents directly), fldigi (installed from repo originally, then compile updates), & WSJT (installed from repo) on Fedora 24 & 25.

I usually run a 2 version cycle, currently running 25, will fresh install 27 at 25eol. I suppose I could look at running CENTOS and have longer lifecycles, but may not have other programs available.

Although, honestly haven't had time to play much recently in several months. I've started learning CW, had a house re-plumb & kitchen remodel, and that 4 letter word that takes the biggest chunk of my time 5 days a week.

Hoping I can get back OTA in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Admittedly I'm more familiar with enterprise Linux like Red Hat, CentOS, and Debian.

But I've been looking to do more ham radio on Linux- is Fedora suitable? I've not had time to play with it.
    Dan - N3XJN
    <this sig is under construction>

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post

Fedora is probably one of the more suitable ones for ham radio. And Debian Unstable.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com