Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 meters today...

10 meters today...

It's not open....

But it's semi-functional.

Been sitting here listening to a couple of stations east and west coast. Love it when the bands crack open when they *shouldn't*

Fun fun!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

I will, often schedule a 10m opening for the holiday. I forgot all about it this year. One of the frequency maters must have tried to schedule one in my place.

I'm about to start the teardown of the middle operating position and swap the FT-301 ensemble for an FT-901DM plus peripherals. That's the spot where I do the majority of my 10M work. Hopefully it'll still be hopping when all is said and done.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

just some sporadic E here in the morning, and some aurora heard, nothing else.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

11 is blasting. 10 is dead. Threw my call out on a couple of spots. Crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    11 is blasting. 10 is dead. Threw my call out on a couple of spots. Crickets.
    Yea... you're right.

I'm listening to 11 now... what a mess. This is bad even by 1970s CB standards.

One of the stations is 500 hz off center on am... wow.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Yea... you're right.

I'm listening to 11 now... what a mess. This is bad even by 1970s CB standards.

One of the stations is 500 hz off center on am... wow.
    Probably intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Probably intentional.

Yea... someone with that advanced a vocabulary probably would do something like that intentionally...

<smirk>
    --

How the F do they even talk when they are keying over each other like animals?

Man.. I thought CB was bad in the 70s.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Yea... someone with that advanced a vocabulary probably would do something like that intentionally...

<smirk>
    It's called playing "radio".

When you are a "Superbowl" Operator and there are multiple stations keying down trying to be heard, it is wise sometimes to slide 'off the channel' to one side or another to be heard; the "mud ducks" are slobbering in their microphones on the channel while you and the person you are communicating with are are uninterrupted a few KHz off.

That's a real problem for "Channelized Hams", if your signal isn't on X.000 or, X.500 hertz, they cry about your radio is "Off Frequency"; No, my transmitter is on what frequency it is on and your receiver isn't. A symptom of your radio's receiver frequency being tied to your transmitter frequency.