Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Idiot in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Does this go here? Kansas lawmaker on blacks and pot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8750535d6e05

Idiot in Chief and his little chieflettes.
    You have a keen eye for finding the most disturbing stories Charles. My farmer hat is off to you for that.

Yes, I'm putting it back on. Yes, I know. Yes, hairclub is an option thanks for that.
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

Master Navigator
    I was away for a few days, and it's reassuring to see that nothing has changed. The Trumpian outrage goes on day after day after day. Each day, His Stupidship comes out another blatant attack on our senses. This is so that his allies in Congress, and those working deep in the departments he now controls, can do all the really shitty stuff without being seen.

I am now convinced that he has dementia. I've seen too many episodes where he appears to be unaware of his surroundings. And it is obvious that he is easily influenced by his staff, who steer him in a hard right, complete asshole direction. I think he's like Reagan near the end of his second term.

WHy in God's name does Stephen Miller exist? Who would put him up as a spokesperson?

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    You have a keen eye for finding the most disturbing stories Charles. My farmer hat is off to you for that.

Yes, I'm putting it back on. Yes, I know. Yes, hairclub is an option thanks for that.
    Honestly, it's not hard to find the stories I post. Some days it is so bad I don't even bother because it seems like there's no point to doing so.

Think of like Lord of the Rings. One ring to rule them all. Trump holds the One ring. Really Putin does but bear with me. All the others who are below Trump are more outrageous than ever, like the racist asshole from Kansas, all have their rings and have sold out for the money. Fuck the rest of the country. Worst case of I got mine so fuck you.
    Let them eat cake.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

Let them eat shit. Fuck them and those.

Statements from politicians are often suppositions presented as facts to a gullible, and possibly ignorant, public. The recipients of such "fake noooze" should be more quizzical and even cynical, often depending on the perceived ethics of the presenter.

Yeah, if they have the capacity to do so. Too many don't, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Honestly, it's not hard to find the stories I post. Some days it is so bad I don't even bother because it seems like there's no point to doing so.

Think of like Lord of the Rings. One ring to rule them all. Trump holds the One ring. Really Putin does but bear with me. All the others who are below Trump are more outrageous than ever, like the racist asshole from Kansas, all have their rings and have sold out for the money. Fuck the rest of the country. Worst case of I got mine so fuck you.
    Let them eat cake.
    It's pathetic how with the advent of Lord Trump (think a stupid Vader) so many of the hatred class got all emboldened, thinking they could do just whatever the fuck they wanted with impunity. It's the impunity thing that gets me; unless they go afoul of the letter of the law there is no real consequence to their actions. Somehow that seems kinda fucked up, but I still believe in their right to say whatever they want; it's just that the consequences are not there anymore so much.

My mom related a story how my brother had a chance to change jobs and get out of what has become a rut for him. Once he priced healthcare for his family, he felt it wasn't worth the move. Mom immediately blamed "that horrible Obama" for the prices of healthcare. Not the insurance company; Obama. To them and apparently a whole lot of others, the problems facing the country are squarely Obama's fault. Which is patently ridiculous. No wonder I don't go three states over for Thanksgiving anymore.

Fuck, how I hate where we've gotten to as a country and a people.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    My mom related a story how my brother had a chance to change jobs and get out of what has become a rut for him. Once he priced healthcare for his family, he felt it wasn't worth the move. Mom immediately blamed "that horrible Obama" for the prices of healthcare. Not the insurance company; Obama. To them and apparently a whole lot of others, the problems facing the country are squarely Obama's fault. Which is patently ridiculous. No wonder I don't go three states over for Thanksgiving anymore.

Fuck, how I hate where we've gotten to as a country and a people.
    Yes, and blaming Obama without any kind of evidence has become the norm for too large a group of Americans. My Republican Mom liked Obama so much, she switched her party affiliation after about 70 years. My brother hates Obama because he has to pay $1,000 a month for his retirement medical plan now. I keep telling him that the retirement plan my employer used to offer was a lot more than that - and they dropped that totally, because just like him, you can get much cheaper insurance through Obamacare. But he says he'd have to be crazy to let his employer provided plan go!

Your Mom should be blaming it on the lack of universal health care. I suspect some of our British cohorts would tell you that they wouldn't be scared to leave a job because of the cost of health insurance. Honestly, my job was a real drudge for about 15 years, but I couldn't just leave while I had a family needing my insurance. I think I'd have tried to start my own company were it not for that. I don't know why that's such a difficult concept for people. Health insurance is part of the system of wage slavery.

Americans don't want universal healthcare because they're way too worried about one person getting anything, even a single aspirin, for free.
    We're more concerned with and inline to hurt each other, than to help each other.
    We're all about the heaping spoonfuls of shit being fed to us by the oligarchs because by golly, one day we're all going to be rich just like them.
    Last edited by KG4CGC; 01-11-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

“I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern."
    [From the Preface]
    C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
    "In America, politicians shouldnt pick their voters; voters are supposed to pick their politicians. - Barack Obama