Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 Colonies begins this Saturday

13 Colonies begins this Saturday

Time to start running through the equipment and antennas to make sure they're up to snuff.

http://www.13colonies.net/

It will be interesting to see if I can top my numbers from last year.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I'm on it.
    I have the desire to put up a field day-ish vertical cut for 1/4 wave 40 meters. I have the materials all ready to go. I just have to find those pesky connectors I sent away for to finish the job.....

A guy around here grows monster bamboo and he just gave me a 35' piece for free which was really nice of him. It's slender and weighs practically nothing compared to the water pipe I usually use for masts. This ought to be fun.

Best of luck topping your numbers this go around!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Good luck and may the odds be always in your favor.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Jim:

How will QSL'ing work for this for the 1x1 stations?

Will the people running the event upload the logs to LoTW or eqsl or will the individual operators be responsible for doing it?

I ask because I know you don't run LoTW.

Since I'm engaging in a little paper chasing from this relatively new location, this event would be a good way to fill in a lot of the east coast blanks on 5BWAS.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WX7P View Post
    Jim:

How will QSL'ing work for this for the 1x1 stations?

Will the people running the event upload the logs to LoTW or eqsl or will the individual operators be responsible for doing it?
    Neither. Either the state manager, or the state QSL manager will gather logs from the ops, then upload to LoTW. AFAIK, all colony stations are on LoTW.

I ask because I know you don't run LoTW.
    And probably never will.

Since I'm engaging in a little paper chasing from this relatively new location, this event would be a good way to fill in a lot of the east coast blanks on 5BWAS.
    Good luck with 15, 12, & 10. Propagation isn't in your favor. If it's anything like last year, even 17 is problematic. See this post from last year: https://forums.hamisland.net/showthr...l=1#post641647
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Time to start running through the equipment and antennas to make sure they're up to snuff.

http://www.13colonies.net/

It will be interesting to see if I can top my numbers from last year.
    Enjoy.

Sorry, I can't get very enthusiastic about this, not since KU2US threw me under the bus.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Well, 13 Colonies for 2017 is in the books, AFAIC. Finished with 3,654 Qs in total over 37.5 hours of operating. This put me 117 over last year's total.

Should any of you have absolutely nothing better to do, here's a recording of a large chunk of Wednesday night's 40m operation. Warning: it's about 70 minutes long.

http://kj3n.ddns.net/40m.wma

Latest ClubLog entries.

Well, 13 Colonies for 2017 is in the books, AFAIC. Finished with 3,654 Qs in total over 37.5 hours of operating. This put me 117 over last year's total.

Should any of you have absolutely nothing better to do, here's a recording of a large chunk of Wednesday night's 40m operation. Warning: it's about 70 minutes long.

http://kj3n.ddns.net/40m.wma
    And I do believe it was your melodious tones that greeted me from K2E on 40 SSB.

Worked all 13 stations plus WM3PEN. All on CW, most on phone. Clean sweep on 40, almost on 80, almost on 20. Even picked up a few on 30. Did hear GB13COL on 40 & 20 SSB, but the pileups were horrendous.

Won't bother with getting the certificate this year.

K2M was well represented. I don't know who was on from the Eastern end of the state, but WC3O led a good crew from the K3MJW club station, and N3TIR did the same from WA3COM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    And I do believe it was your melodious tones that greeted me from K2E on 40 SSB.
    Not according to my log.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Not according to my log.
    Oh. Well, whomever it was gave me a warm greeting by name, so I figured it had to be you.

Not to many people like me that much. Then, come to think of it, neither do you...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!