Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feeling The Effects Of All The Years Piling Up

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Little Miss Field Day turns 21 tomorrow.

I haven't felt this ancient since the day I turned 50. (And never mind when that was)

One more "milestone" like this, I'm going to have to get on 75 or 20 meters and start kvetching about my aches and pains. But at least I still have my gall bladder!
    My turning 30 stressed my mother out too. It didn't bother me but I remember my fathers 30th, just barely, but he was pissed that we put thirty candles on his cake. He thought it was the end of the world. Now that he just turned 53, didn't phase him at all. Hum go figure.

What milestones are left? AARP?

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    My turning 30 stressed my mother out too. It didn't bother me but I remember my fathers 30th, just barely, but he was pissed that we put thirty candles on his cake. He thought it was the end of the world. Now that he just turned 53, didn't phase him at all. Hum go figure.

GERITOL!

75 meters
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Funny, last summer the Boss thought AARP membership might be worth something. So I caved in.

We got a year's worth of lousy magazines with bushtit-level advice, a horde of letters offering us all sorts of insurance at alleged huge discounts, and an clear increase in the number of telephone solicitations for insurance, vacations, and medical needs. Plus four different sets of "this is not an insurance card, this is a pharmacy discount program" cards for pharmacies that we don't deal with & are not in the WPA area.

Oh, and that alleged AARP discount(s) you get almost everywhere? AAA has the same discount(s) in the same places, and you can only use one discount at a time.

AARP started up the "please renew your membership" campaign last October. All those letters go right into the shredder.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W5BRM View Post
    GERITOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    75 meters
    I'm not much for 75 phone these days. Not even the GERITOL WAS (Worked All Seniors) net. Is it even still around?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Funny, last summer the Boss thought AARP membership might be worth something. So I caved in.

We got a year's worth of lousy magazines with bushtit-level advice, a horde of letters offering us all sorts of insurance at alleged huge discounts, and an clear increase in the number of telephone solicitations for insurance, vacations, and medical needs. Plus four different sets of "this is not an insurance card, this is a pharmacy discount program" cards for pharmacies that we don't deal with & are not in the WPA area.

Oh, and that alleged AARP discount(s) you get almost everywhere? AAA has the same discount(s) in the same places, and you can only use one discount at a time.

AARP started up the "please renew your membership" campaign last October. All those letters go right into the shredder.
    Yep, a lot of hotels offer the same discount for AARP or AAA around here. I don't know what other discounts are out there, though. I did find out that you can order from the sr menu at a lot of places even if you are younger as long as that option is not offered on the regular menu at a higher price. Interestingly the same goes for the kids menu. Thing is, my wife asked because normally she is put off by the portion size of a regular menu in the states, always asking if it is meant for two people. Point being, there is always the sr menu but then again that seems to not be 100% true.

As for 75m, you'd think I was an old fart but I have used 75m phone for the longest time. Those are the guys who got me interested. There are a few groups of okay fellows out there, some of them lesser active members here. But yeah, for the most part, not so much. You don't have to worry about feeling old until LMFD starts chatting on 75m. :D

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I'll be 61 in a few weeks, so be kind while I amuse myself...Whippersnapper!

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I'll be 61 in a few weeks, so be kind while I amuse myself...Whippersnapper!

Ha! You're just a kid. I don't even remember 61.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Ha! You're just a kid. I don't even remember 61.
    Sam here. I'd tell him to get off my lawn, but I live on a boat and "get off the eel grass" don't have the same ring to it.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.