Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Feeling The Effects Of All The Years Piling Up

Well, I'm happy to report that the element of surprise was effective after all.

The original plan for today was that we and our son & his family were going to go out to a local Chinese restaurant for dinner in lieu of a birthday party for LMFD, leaving around 4 to 5. While we were out, the rest of the family was going to come over, decorate the house, and throw a little surprise party when we got back.

That got deep sixed on Wednesday. My grandson got picked for the Little League travelling team, and they had a practice scheduled for 6 PM tonight.

So instead, the immediate family came over for a cookout at noon. (Did kind of torpedo my Field Day plans, I was supposed to be on the overnight shift, so that went out the proverbial window).

And we took her out to a movie at 5, to make up for the "lost" dinner plans. I'm sure you can figure out what happened while we were out... she even spotted the bag of party decorations, and asked. I told her that we'd planned to have the family over after dinner, but with the kids coming over at lunchtime instead, that got scrapped. (And I didn't lie -- the original plans DID get scrapped, we just came up with a new plan)

So 7 PM, we pull in the garage. She heads up the basement steps to grab LucyFurr for her walk... and walks in on everyone sitting around chatting, waiting for her. Surprise! In fact, a double surprise, as they didn't hear the garage door open & close (being too busy yapping, but that's the family), and thought we were going to come in the front door (which would not have worked, they were all parked in the neighbor's driveway, which is right by the front door!).
    0487.jpg
    All in all, a good time was had by all. LMFD got her surprise party after all, and she got to see the kids. And I got to spend money on this, that, and the other thing... as expected.
    Last edited by W3WN; 06-26-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by WX7P View Post
    Rata:

Will be in Scottsdale mid September.

Watch out for drive-bys

Heh heh heh
    No problem. I look forward getting together for a bite to eat or something. Or, the way things have been around Phoenix and Scottsburg lately, we can go stick up a 7-11.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    No problem. I look forward getting together for a bite to eat or something. Or, the way things have been around Phoenix and Scottsburg lately, we can go stick up a 7-11.
    I hear Pheonix 7-11's have psychedelic chutney squishies.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I hear Pheonix 7-11's have psychedelic chutney squishies.

True story right there. Magic shrooms are in a booth in the back, in the corner, in the dark. Kinda like most of us.

Orca Whisperer
    Nice that it all worked out great Ron!
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    No problem. I look forward getting together for a bite to eat or something. Or, the way things have been around Phoenix and Scottsburg lately, we can go stick up a 7-11 Joe ArPieHole.
    Fixed due to the degraded outcome.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

After reading this thread, I am thinking about pickling my prostate.

I thought you said "tickling", and that would be Rumpus.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Fixed due to the degraded outcome.

May have to break into jail to get at the prick.