Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Parts

Boat Parts

$200 worth, shipped from the UK. Soon to be back on the high seas again, I hope.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Nice!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Nothing like an intermediate clutch for a sailboat's propulsion system. Roughly calculating, you should add about 47 more horsepower, but you need to fine tune your trim-tabs to get maximum speed. Probably about -3 degrees. Hoist the Genoa and tell them to kiss your ass.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Precision Parts for the Bismarck? ......... I see
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

That thing on the left is stainless steel and weighs like 20 lbs. Fully 1/4 of the price was shipping charges.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Came from the UK? You'll have to boat on the left side now.

NA4BH '15

The thought of going out in the open sea on any sized boat scares the hell out of me!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    The thought of going out in the open sea on any sized boat scares the hell out of me!
    Down here in Southern California, the open seas are only slightly rougher than your average mill pond during the summer months. When the wind really gets blowing, I stick to SD Bay—if I go out at all—but that’s more due to a lack of confidence in my own sailing skills than any worries about the boat itself. Cal 29s like the one I own are tough little boats. They have successfully weathered severe storms and completed trans-Pacific crossings, so the local ocean shouldn’t be more than it can handle.

Sounds like they have a rod knocking.

NA4BH '15

Probably a loose halyard (line used for raising a sail) banging against the mast. I've been awakened late at night and forced to go out on deck in the rain to fix that myself.