Thread: Linux, KDE & kde-connect,

Linux, KDE & kde-connect,

I've been playing around with an app called "kde-connect". "kde-connect" is an app that allows you to interconnect your Android device to your desktop computer via your wi-fi network. Although it works best on the KDE/Plasma desktop you can also use it with any desktop environment (i.e. GNOME, Cinnamon, etc.) by adding on the optional "indicator-kdeconnect" app. You need to install "kde-connect" on your desktop machine and also on your Android device. Once paired via wifi you can control various functions of your phone via your desktop and vice versa, you can control certain desktop functionality remotely via your phone / device. One useful tool is SMS messaging. If I get an SMS message on my phone I can read and respond to the message via my desktop computer without ever touching the phone. It makes life a lot easier typing text messages on a full size keyboard as opposed to the tiny keypad on the phone. It also handles other phone functions such as notifications, battery usage, etc. Functionality is added to "kde-connect" by developing plug-ins to extend the range of functionality of "kde-connect". Anyone else out there experimented with this app ?
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

no, but you can use something called pushbullet (i didn't name it...) to do a lot of the same kinds of things ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane