Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Xenia

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    By the way...

If anyone is planning on coming to the Breezeshooter's hamfest on June 4th, look for me. I plan on having the usual pop-up tent and table, along with other members of the WASH club.

One of our members just got married last year (3rd time's the charm, as they say). He moved into her house and sold his (to his nephew, keeping the old family homestead in the family), so as you can imagine, he has a plethora of odds & ends (connectors, parts, etc) that used to be in his garage (a 2 car garage that you couldn't even fit 1 car into... ah, pack rats) that he no longer has room for. Just saying.

And we do plan our usual lunch cookout. So if you're coming, let me know, and I'll give you an official invitation. (That's our 'deal' with the Breezeshooters -- as long as the cookout is limited to club members and invited guests, they have no problem with it)
    Is it going to be a huge disaster, after screwing everything up for over 52 years, requiring re-rolling and re-sodding of 10,000 acres of wetlands, and 10 wreckers on the scene, rescuing 250,000 people from mud pits? :P
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Is it going to be a huge disaster, after screwing everything up for over 52 years, requiring re-rolling and re-sodding of 10,000 acres of wetlands, and 10 wreckers on the scene, rescuing 250,000 people from mud pits? :P
    Nah. Only 100,000. But they're all Steeler fans, so just give them some beer and a Terrible Towel, they'll be fine.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Nah. Only 100,000. But they're all Steeler fans, so just give them some beer and a Terrible Towel, they'll be fine.
    What about us die-hard Raiders fans?
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    What about us die-hard Raiders fans?
    Which Raiders?

Oakland, Los Angeles, or Sin City?

And considering the well known, ah, plumbing issues with the Oakland Coliseum, are you sure that's mud?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

So I ran into the owner of the salvage place which is .5 miles from my house along route 63... he and his dad attend Dayton every year as sellers with various radio related tidbits... A semi full.

According to him, it was a disaster for them. Low sales. Very bad weather. And mud kept potential buyers from visiting them.

He was not enthusiastic and said he may not attend again.

Just making the report.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    So I ran into the owner of the salvage place which is .5 miles from my house along route 63... he and his dad attend Dayton every year as sellers with various radio related tidbits... A semi full.

According to him, it was a disaster for them. Low sales. Very bad weather. And mud kept potential buyers from visiting them.

He was not enthusiastic and said he may not attend again.

Just making the report.
    Of whom do you refer? And where was he amongst the fleas?

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Of whom do you refer? And where was he amongst the fleas?
    The "whom" is a vendor I know who is local to me.

I'm just making the report. It's not embellished at all. But I'm sure they don't want to be cross examined either.
    --

OK.

Wasn't trying to give you, or him, a hard time.

I was just wondering if this was the outfit set up in the "front lot" flea market area (in front of the buildings, not out on the racetrack), had a big tent set up. The one I'm thinking of was doing a decent business on Friday and Saturday morning... but frankly, a lot of the surplus stuff was formerly on the store shelves of a soon to be defunct cell phone provider with 'radio' in their name for historical reasons, and I didn't see a thing in there that I needed.

So if this whom I'm thinking of... I'd be surprised he considered it a "disaster", but then, I was only in there once & walked by it a couple of times.
    Last edited by W3WN; 06-02-2017 at 11:58 AM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

OK.

Wasn't trying to give you, or him, a hard time.

I was just wondering if this was the outfit set up in the "front lot" flea market area (in front of the buildings, not out on the racetrack), had a big tent set up. The one I'm thinking of was doing a decent business on Friday and Saturday morning... but frankly, a lot of the surplus stuff was formerly on the store shelves of a soon to be defunct cell phone provider with 'radio' in their name for historical reasons, and I didn't see a thing in there that I needed.

So if this whom I'm thinking of... I'd be surprised he considered it a "disaster", but then, I was only in there once & walked by it a couple of times.
    No these guys have been attending since something like 1965.

If it's important for you to know I'll be happy to give you the company privately. But really... I was making the report in a way where if they decided to attend again they would not face any backlash.
    --

No, no, don't put them on the spot. I was just wondering if I'd seen them. Not a big deal.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!