Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Xenia

I would like to make the trip to radio mecca someday......

nice to hear the toilets don't geyser at the new digs

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

My first Hamvention was 1974 I think. Growing up here, and even getting my family to become hams, members of DARA, and Hamvention volunteers. The event used to be in April, but after about 10 years of record breaking Ohio rain. Hara was old, and falling apart back then too. I think the the shrinking Hamvention attendance demonstrates the shrinking amateur population, and influence.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Xenia - Warrior Hamfest

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Well, it took a full 2 days. W8JX is at it again.

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/in...html#msg999363

He really does have a hard-on for DARA, doesn't he?
    Have a hard time understanding the obsession with this guy.

Most of the ham related forums have their cranks. Thankfully it's not really happening here.

But who cares what the guy thinks? The event was successful. Time for breakfast.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Have a hard time understanding the obsession with this guy.

Most of the ham related forums have their cranks. Thankfully it's not really happening here.

But who cares what the guy thinks? The event was successful. Time for breakfast.
    I'd like a pizza to go, with no anchovies.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

By the way...

If anyone is planning on coming to the Breezeshooter's hamfest on June 4th, look for me. I plan on having the usual pop-up tent and table, along with other members of the WASH club.

One of our members just got married last year (3rd time's the charm, as they say). He moved into her house and sold his (to his nephew, keeping the old family homestead in the family), so as you can imagine, he has a plethora of odds & ends (connectors, parts, etc) that used to be in his garage (a 2 car garage that you couldn't even fit 1 car into... ah, pack rats) that he no longer has room for. Just saying.

And we do plan our usual lunch cookout. So if you're coming, let me know, and I'll give you an official invitation. (That's our 'deal' with the Breezeshooters -- as long as the cookout is limited to club members and invited guests, they have no problem with it)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    By the way...
    (That's our 'deal' with the Breezeshooters -- as long as the cookout is limited to club members and invited guests, they have no problem with it)
    That only seems reasonable. Have fun!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    That only seems reasonable. Have fun!
    The first few years we did this as an organized activity, at the old Roe Airport / Butler Farm Show grounds, we would have some random person (who did not appear to be a ham) show up and ask if he could buy a hot dog for his son, who was hungry.

Every time, we told him (why was it always a him? never a her? for that matter, why was it always a son, never a daughter, never more than 1 child?) we would gladly GIVE him hot dogs for his son, but we could NOT accept any money; we were not permitted to sell food. And no, we can't accept 'donations' either. Just bring the boy by, and he can have whatever he wants.

Every time, sometimes after a long discussion ("take my money!" "we're not allowed, but we'll give you free food!" "I don't want a handout, take my money!") he'd walk away, never to be seen again.

One time, myself and another club member followed the guy back. As we suspected, he was working one of the food trucks.

So you can imagine what would have happened if we'd allowed ourselves to get conned into accepting a "donation."

...and we did sometimes actually give extra food out to kids, even their parents or grandparents, when they passed by. Funny, at least one of the adults had a call sign. And the kids were actually with them. Go figure...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!