Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why I Love Baseball, Example 42,876

Quote Originally Posted by koŘm View Post
    Over four decades ago when, I was doing field service for "The Copier Company", one helpful hint that I was given by my manager was, if things got tense, a good "Ice-breaker/Conversation starter" was, "Hows about 'Dem Reds"?

If, the conversation went negative about the Reds performance on the field, you went with it and, if the person had something positive to say about the Cincinnati Reds baseball team, then, you went along with that line of conversation.

So, "Hows about them Cincinnati Reds?"

ETA: If I were going to follow a baseball team, it would be the New York Yankees.
    Raise the Jolly Roger!

My second favorite team... except when the Pirate fanatics (ie the Boss and Little Miss Field Day) are in the room, of course.

My favorite team? The one I grew up rooting for in NNJ, and it sure as heck wasn’t the Muckiing Fets.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Island Regular
    Latest game ended in 3 days. We were top of standings for around an hour until another game also finishing today ended, so back to 2nd.

At a meeting with club managment during the lunch interval yesterday. We were advised that a NFL type strength of schedule may be introduced for the Championship. As the previous three seasons may be 1st, 3rd and 2nd, we could be the No 1 seed.

Island Regular
    No doubt you are all aware as the news has knocked what President Trump has said off the front pages. England are the new World Champions of Cricket. They beat New Zealand on a tie breaker in the final. There is a discussion whether a run should have counted in the England Innings or not. Once the Umpires and Scorers have confirmed the score it is too late to review. Tough.

Cricket? I thought this was a thread about Baseball!

Changing the subject, well, dare I say it... (“Dare! Dare!” — Gene Wilder) ... isn’t cricket!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Look at it this way, if they can play soccer and call it football they can play cricket and call it baseball. Well, it IS played with a bat and ball, so much easier to score a hit when the bat is flat and wide like a paddle as opposed to a skinny round one. Biesbol been berry berry good to me. Oh, speaking from experience don't play soccer/football with women! When you're going for the ball they're going for your shins, so if you do, wear shin guards, preferably with spikes.
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

Engaging a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. The bird will just knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and fly away to declare victory to his friends.

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.