Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why I Love Baseball, Example 42,876

Just keep in mind that the Rockies are 5-11 so far this season.

They could be worse, though: The A’s are 3-13. That’s .188 — well below the Mendoza Line.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 04-17-2023 at 08:45 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Top of the 5th. 1 on. 2 outs. 13 - 1.

nah. Must be dreaming.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!!

I don’t care if I’m dreaming or not. 7 straight wins, 6 of which are quality starts (6 or more innings) by the starting pitchers. 2 consecutive series sweeps. Percentage points out of 1st place in the division. And with one of their best pitchers out for Tommy Johns surgery, their breakout rookie shortstop out 4 moths with a broken ankle, and one of their best hitters going on the bereavement list prior to today’s game.

“Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

I don't believe it. I had to root for the Red Sux this afternoon. A born and bred Yankee fan, to boot.

And much to my shock and utter amazement, the RS came back from a 4-5 deficit to take an 8-5 lead in the top of the 8th. And as I had the iPad to The Boss to show her, she yells out "TWELVE RUNS?" Yeah. What do you know. The RS came through.
    Standings 2023-04-23.JPG
    Last edited by W3WN; 04-23-2023 at 04:28 PM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Tiki Bearer
    I visited a place yesterday where various sports were being played, although attention in the morning was on the Womens World Cup final. In the afternoon, we had a game of Kwik Cricket. I batted and scored 50 not out and although I did not take any wickets, three or four catches were dropped off my bowling. My 50 contained 10 4's and I found gaps in the field or a fielder who was moving as fast as a statue. I did not try and hit every ball into orbit.

Afterwards I told all the spectators sitting by the outdoor bar all about it. A guaranteed captive audience.

One of the small boys playing, who were the best players. Asked his father who was the Umpire if I could be taken off bowling as my standard was a bit higher and he could do what he wanted to with every ball.

Tiki Bearer
    I attended a four day game and there was what you find in every arena, a loudmouth knowall fan. I said if he had been at my game, I would have gone over and offered him the ball to see if you can bowl better or at all.