Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why I Love Baseball, Example 42,876

Tiki Bearer
    Bob Willis Trophy final over, game was a draw. Under the rules of the competition providing both 1st Innings are completed, the team with the most runs are the winner, we had 336-8 against 301 all out. So we are the holders.

And now, it is time for the 2021 telling of the Annual Jack Bogut Memorial Joke:

There will be bottled beer sold at PNC Park this year.

"Why?"

Because... the Pirates DIDN'T Lose The Opener!

RTJR!!!!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Rockies beat the Dodgers yesterday.
    That was cool. Night game today.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Tiki Bearer
    First day of the Championship season and I was watching on line. I am glad there was a lockdown due to the chilly weather. Our favourite radio commentator was on most of the day. In the ground sitting 15 rows in front of the commentary box you can still hear him. I said could he speak up as the people living in the apartments at the other end of the ground could not quite catch everything.

He is someone who is a former player who did not do that much. However he has made a career out of coaching and boy does he tell everyone. Also whilst the other commentators take breaks during the day, you cannot get the microphone off him.

Tiki Bearer
    My favourite commentator was on again today. He was telling everyone his life story and after lunch on the 3rd day he had only got as far as making his Championship debut. Before that it was his time as a Lords young cricketer and doing the rounds of training camps and practice squads before he got his break.

The Championship winning team used to get invited to Buckingham Palace, so we also got an anecdote about meeting the Duke of Edinburgh.

Tiki Bearer
    The USA have a Cricket team. They have just drawn a T20 series with Ireland 1-1. There are One Day International games on Sunday and Tuesday. Check your local listings or make your way to Port Lauderdale Florida.

Breaking news the game on Sunday has been cancelled due to Covid tests amongst the offiicals and the time it takes to send out replacements.

Cancel your ticket to Florida.
    Last edited by G1TWS; 12-25-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Tiki Bearer
    I was away with 200 or so people at a place camping. As part of the activities I played in, not Baseball or Softball but Rounders. As explained by the Lady who was organising and Umpiring there are differences in the rules. For example there is no Foul ball line although you can only run to 1st base.

I said that in a future game, which was cancelled due to the weather, I would demand to be team Captain. If I had been Captain. I would have fielded at Short stop not Catcher. Changed the Pitcher as the one pitching was not striking anyone out. Made it clear that the Outfielders must call for a catch rather than let it land in no mans land. Tell the fielder at 1st base to stand to the right of the base to stop my throw from Catcher hitting the batter in the back.

Tiki Bearer
    The season has started with a victory at Lords. The highlight was another commmentator describing how he knocked my favourite commentator's cheese board selection on the floor in the restaurant on the evening of the 1st day.

Quote Originally Posted by G1TWS View Post
    The season has started with a victory at Lords. The highlight was another commmentator describing how he knocked my favourite commentator's cheese board selection on the floor in the restaurant on the evening of the 1st day.
    Oooo ... that's a major faux pas.

Top of the third inning. 2 outs.

Rockies just pulled their starting pitcher.

Score: Rockies 0. Pirates 9. With a man on and still batting.

i must be dreaming.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati