Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Why I Love Baseball, Example 42,876

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I played the heck out of that RCA Red Seal album when I was a kid.
    Yeah, me too.

I ended up buying my parents a new record, when I was a teenager. My brother and I wore the original out!

I have the CD now. It has bonus material.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

So... getting back on track. 7 PM tonight. Cleveland Indigenous Inhabitants at the Pittsburgh 20 Year Losing Streak.

About damn time!

Just wish we could be there in person. So much for Season Tickets.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Tiki Bearer
    First game in the Bob Willis Trophy has concluded. Two wicket win and an exciting finish. I was listening on line as I am meant to be working from home. Also the video feed only has one camera, which is like only seeing only what is happening on home plate. Also the action looks like a film of the street in 1899.

The next opponents have players missing, injured, in the England training camp or stuck in South Africa. We will probally lose two days early by an innings.

Tiki Bearer
    Played game 2.

Crept towards a not great total. Opponents got around 75 less. 2nd Innings, with this enough to set a target that could not be reached and won before tea on the last day.

Game 3 starts today, or should start if it is not raining. There are weather warnings for Thunderstorms all over the UK at the moment.

Tiki Bearer
    Another victory. The low totals and lack of batting bonus point may count against making the final.

As for the title of this thread. Is there actually any meaningful Baseball going on at present?

Tiki Bearer
    Game 3 draw. Less than 1 days play in the 4 days rain.

One day Blast this afternoon rained off as well.

Did MLB just say they're sitting out any more games?

Tiki Bearer
    They have started the one day T20 Blast. A rain out, tie and three losses, so it looks like no playoffs. Today in the Bob Willis Trophy a player had a positive Covid test so a game was abandoned at lunch on the 1st day. There was no official announcement until after tea, so the score was stuck on 66-6 with no information as to what had happened for around three hours.

Tiki Bearer
    Wrapped the final game up before lunch on the 3rd day and into the final, opponents to known after the results of games that have gone into the 4th day. It starts on the 23rd. Ask your local cable provider to show it, all five days.

Tiki Bearer
    T20 Blast over. 2-6-2 so no playoffs. Roll on the Bob Willis Trophy final on Wed -Sun.