Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Love Baseball, Example 42,876

Tiki Bearer
    Finals day has just ended and we have won off the final ball.

We are the T20 Champions.

Congratulations!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by G1TWS View Post
    Finals day has just ended and we have won off the final ball.

We are the T20 Champions.
    If you could be so nice and explain the rules and finer points of the game called Cricket to this 'Merican, I would appreciate it. Like Rugby, it looks like a game that I am familiar with but is different.

Tiki Bearer
    Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    If you could be so nice and explain the rules and finer points of the game called Cricket to this 'Merican, I would appreciate it. Like Rugby, it looks like a game that I am familiar with but is different.

Some years ago a Cricket magazine that I take, in their Christmas edition when it was announced that some schools would be running courses in the subject as part of a sports programme. Published a sample examination paper.

One of the questions was,

A man wearing a loud checked jacket, a cowboy hat with a camera with a three foot long lens around his neck sits next to you in the stadium. He says howdy pardner tell me how do you play this game of yours. give your answer in more than two words and less than 5000.

Lord Flash Heart Approved!

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Tiki Bearer
    The season is finally over and we are now County Champions for the 2nd time in 3 years, this is one to win that has been running since 1864. The winner gets a Pennant to fly where they are playing next season. When we first won the Championship in 1979 next season after a visit to Wales, the Pennant got left behind.

Tiki Bearer
    I attended the Bears/Raiders NFL game at Tottenham last week. A Bears fan informed me that the Cubs will be coming over for a London MLB game next year. As the stadium is only 35 minutes from my house by train. I might try and get a ticket.

I am a Seahawks fans and I was supporting the Raiders rather than a conference rival.

The Cubs are a fairly decent team, somewhere between mediocre and rather good, it should be interesting. I have a Cubs jacket with the old bear cub logo in good shape I rescued from abandonment, good for keeping warm in autumn weather. Growing up with the New York Yankees I'd much prefer their jacket, but which one? If you look them up on the Internet you'll see about a score of different styles averaging $150/£118, a bit much for a jacket.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Firefox Monitor flagged it as a compromised site.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.