Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Love Baseball, Example 42,876

Tiki Bearer
    Played the wild card game and lost.

It was on Thursday. It has taken until today to be able to mention it. The opponents had half their side missing playing in Internationals for England and India and we still could not win.

There was a one and done home playoff defeat last season as well.

I would have choked on my free Taco, if they were still giving them away.

In my younger years I used to love heading out to the local field in the summer and playing a little baseball. Whether it was a full game or just batting , throwing & fielding practice. The other day I was online looking at a few quality baseball mitts. I could almost feel and smell the fresh soft leather through the web page. Made me almost tempted or buy one and head out to the field like in the old days. Or just buy one to admire.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Tiki Bearer
    Season has started again and the Tacos are back. However this time only 40% off.

I sit in the Premier Suite, which is the same building as the Committee Box. The Premier members are not the youngest and when someone breaks the golden rule in getting up during the play they are always one of the slowest.

Usain Bolt and Speedy Gonzales are not members of the Premier Suite.

Tiki Bearer
    The record is now 2-3 and the wild card is touch and go.

Today there were a group of club guests enjoying the hospitiality very loudly. It sounded as if laughing gas was being pumped into the building.

As were all leaving at the end. I asked the club guests if they had enjoyed the game and informed them that due to their noise, a moaning old women and her coffin dodger husband got up and left early.

I told them that they can come again as many times as they like.

Tiki Bearer
    Just got back from the stadium.

The game went to the 2nd last ball and we lost by 1 wicket. Record now 2-4 so no playoffs.

They serve free tea and coffee with biscuits. Towards the end the catering manager emerged from the kitchen with a clip board. I asked if he was noteing biscuit consumption as an old boy was stuffing his pockets with biscuits every time he got a cup of tea or coffee.

He must have missed visiting the Salvation Army in the morning.

"How 'bout 'dem Reds?"

Tiki Bearer
    Another loss yesterday so no playoffs. I did not go to a road game and I was doing something else. I caught the local radio post mortem after the end and thought not again.

I am not going to Tuesday's game and I urged a boycott to show what we all feel. It is a day not night game ending at the latest 20.45.

Tiki Bearer
    Well another pile of poop and finished 2-6. Including the standings from the other conference the overall standing is 15th out of 18.

Quote Originally Posted by G1TWS View Post
    Well another pile of poop and finished 2-6. Including the standings from the other conference the overall standing is 15th out of 18.
    I have been married to a Pittsburgh Pirates fanatic for 27 years.

I have been going to games with her since we started dating. We have been season ticket holders since PNC Park opened. So I got to watch 20 years... 20 straight solid years... of losing baseball.

So your team didn’t make the playoffs? Feh. I’ve seen worse.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati