Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Question

Car Question

Any reason why I can't spray cleaner in it while it's running with the intake hose removed and a hand on the throttle?

Thanks and Gracias.

What are you planning to spray in it?

On edit:

If you use a cleaner like the one in the video, you shouldn't have a problem. Just have someone that can rev up the engine while you spray, you don't need to rev it high, just enough to keep it running. Don't over spray with each application. Should you kill the motor with the spray, it might be a chore to get it restarted. Find you a brush to "scrub" around the opening. With air flowing over the spray it will evaporate very fast, but you should be able to loosen the build up each time and after several sprays it should be clean. The main thing is to NOT kill the motor or you could be foqued. Foqued, I tell you...........
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Watch the video. Throttle body cleaner.
    He does it with the motor shut off but says it's hard to start afterwards until the cleaner vaps out.

Read my edit.

NA4BH '15

There was no audio on the video, I figured he was a mime.

NA4BH '15

You might accidentally clean some carbon off of your valves with the spray.

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post

On edit:

If you use a cleaner like the one in the video, you shouldn't have a problem. Just have someone that can rev up the engine while you spray, you don't need to rev it high, just enough to keep it running. Don't over spray with each application. Should you kill the motor with the spray, it might be a chore to get it restarted. Find you a brush to "scrub" around the opening. With air flowing over the spray it will evaporate very fast, but you should be able to loosen the build up each time and after several sprays it should be clean. The main thing is to NOT kill the motor or you could be foqued. Foqued, I tell you...........
    I totally agree with this........ I have used plain old diesel fuel as a cleaner and have had fantastic results! ........of course the trick is to keep the revs up so it doesn't stall! You can use home furnace oil as well as it is very close as a substitute to diesel fuel.......actually works quite well
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Don't do it. You could damage the muffler bearings.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Well I wanted y'all to watch the video because the MAF sensor is out of the circuit in order to get to the opening and I would be wary of spraying that cleaner across the MAF sensor as another alternative to cleaning it.
    Op ni ons?

Beck in my drag racing stage I used to slowly pour about 8 ounces of ATF down the carb with the revs up to keep it from stalling. Great for cleaning out carb gunk and valves.

It also got all the kids in the neighborhood riding their bicycles in and out of the fog. They thought it was the skeeter spray truck.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"