Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch FCC allows 1600 watts for Full licensed under conditions

Dutch FCC allows 1600 watts for Full licensed under conditions

Dutch A.T. ( our version of the FCC) will allow the Full licensed amateurs to use 1600 watts P.E.P. under conditions.
    We will have to apply for the special power, and an plan must accompany the request for levels of R.F. around the antenna farm that also has to be in the request.

That from the normal 400 watt P.E.P. level normally allowed with no restrictions.
    SO, we get more in line of the country's surrounding us, Germany 750 watts P.E.P. and some Nordic countries allowing 1 KW P.E.P.

Thhe Netherlands is densly populated and most amateurs will live in city's where that special permit might form a problem with expected problems in other people's installations.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Dutch A.T. ( our version of the FCC) will allow the Full licensed amateurs to use 1600 watts P.E.P. under conditions.
    We will have to apply for the special power, and an plan must accompany the request for levels of R.F. around the antenna farm that also has to be in the request.

That from the normal 400 watt P.E.P. level normally allowed with no restrictions.
    SO, we get more in line of the country's surrounding us, Germany 750 watts P.E.P. and some Nordic countries allowing 1 KW P.E.P.

Thhe Netherlands is densly populated and most amateurs will live in city's where that special permit might form a problem with expected problems in other people's installations.

That's cool!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Now if we could all have Canada's level.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Now if we could all have Canada's level.
    Or Italy's defacto (as opposed to statutory) power limits.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I would be happy with Canada's ID on the half hour.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Let's be honest, there are enough hams using more as 400 watts here when you see Acom 2000 P.A,s in their pictures running flat out.
    Most of the time our A.T. doesn't do anything about it, as long there are no complaints.
    I can use the SB-1000 flat out, if i wanted to, no problems from neighbors here, but i keep myself to the 400 watt limit.
    That way the new 3-500 ZG tube will last a lifetime.
    THe extra 6 dB is quite costly, my SB-1000 delivers 800-900 watts easy if i wanted to.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Orca Whisperer
    I do think it would be cool to have a special license class without power limits, in amateur radio. There is a world of technology difference between even 1.5kW and a 50kW xmitter, and some hams would do well pushing engineering limits with that sort of power (Think Titan bounce).

Sadly, there are too many dinks in the hobby to even be able to iron out the details.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Sadly, there are too many dinks in the hobby to even be able to iron out the details.
    That right there—too many dinks.

I'm finding that I don't miss my AR station as much as I thought I would when I first decided to move onto the boat.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    I do think it would be cool to have a special license class without power limits, in amateur radio. There is a world of technology difference between even 1.5kW and a 50kW xmitter, and some hams would do well pushing engineering limits with that sort of power (Think Titan bounce).

I use to have an article on how to build one of those 50Kw amps. It used a CK722 for a final.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Forum Addict
    And I'm over here like, 15 watts, woohoo.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry