Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF is it with Costco and their packaging?

Some good ol' fashion dynamite will git it open. Or, if you're in a no noise zone a CO2 cutting laser.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Master Navigator
    It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who hates these packages. I'm known to buy the items that aren't packaged that way when I can. I've broken too things trying to get them out. Usually when I use scissors or a cutter, I discover something important was hidden in that cardboard, too.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Some good ol' fashion dynamite will git it open. Or, if you're in a no noise zone a CO2 cutting laser.
    Hush a boom!
    Boris_badenwo.jpg
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Beach Bum
    I took it back to the Costco in Sacramento. They refused to refund or exchange it because I they felt I should have known better and cut directly through the center of the package, so I took it to another Costco where they refunded it, but only after telling me that items that are damaged by customers are not normally eligible for refunds. I let the manager there know how I felt about the packaging and how it got damaged. I didn't get another one because they wouldn't exchange it at the customer service desk and I would have had to wait in a line of 25 people to get another one, so I just left. I must say I wasn't really happy with the whole Costco experience regarding this incident.

Costco should either ditch the packaging or at least have some instructions on how to get the items out of the package.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman