Thread: New Amateur Band Allocations

New Amateur Band Allocations

The FCC has allocated portions of 630m and 2200m band (1W ERP) for use by amateur radio operators with a general class license or above.

https://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rel...CC-17-33A1.pdf
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It's interesting to note why after the fact of WRC-12 that it took 5 years to implement the recommendations of that World conference by your FCC! ........ Industry Canada had it as a foot note to the Canadian Table of Frequency Allocations less than a year after WRC-12
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Various special interests—predominantly in the marine sector—lobbied hard against the allocation, concerned that it could cause interference with navigational systems.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I barely have enough space to put up a marginal antenna for 80 meters (OK, 75) so where will I get the real estate for those bands? I suppose I could cheat with coils but I would rather not.

And ONE watt...now there's a killer signal. It's hard enough to be heard on 75 with a hundred watts....but I wonder if lightning crashes affect 630/2200M as much as it does on 75 & 40?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

500khz is a popular freq for lightning detectors.

So, yea. LF/VLF/ELF is knocked about with 'sferics.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Kinda figured they would be. That's probably a band I won't get to enjoy, much like 160

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful