Thread: Trust Wouxun's KG-3 programming software?

Trust Wouxun's KG-3 programming software?

I would like to transmit out of band (150+MHz), can you trust the programming software available on the net supplied by wouxun? I simply don't need a expensive brick! Thanks for any thoughts..I love the KG-6. WD8MMN...73

Why do you want to transmit out of band?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Tiki Bearer
    Probably wants to xmit on the Marine Band.
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by KF2M View Post
    Probably wants to xmit on the Marine Band.
    Speaking as a ham who lives on a sailboat, I'm not going to help him do that.

Marine VHF radios are required to be FCC type-approved. In addition, Wouxun and other inexpensive Chinese HTs are know to have significant problems with spurious emissions. On the ham bands, this is merely annoying. On the marine VHF band, it could be life-threatening if it causes interference to an emergency call.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by WD8MMN View Post
    I would like to transmit out of band (150+MHz), can you trust the programming software available on the net supplied by wouxun? I simply don't need a expensive brick! Thanks for any thoughts..I love the KG-6. WD8MMN...73
    If you think a new Wouxun is expensive, you should check out the price the FCC charges for illegal operations!

Also, I do not believe I've seen an expensive Wouxun. I figure, at worst, give it a whirl. Which software "on the net" are you referring to?
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Anyway, first impressions are telling?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Vertex/Standard/Horizon (Yaesu) offer a nice marine-band HT with the same form factor as the VX6-VX7. Batteries and other accessories are interchangeable and AFAIK it can be set up to transceive on the 2M amateur band.

Get yourself one of those if you're planning on operating on the VHF Marine allocation. Either by itself, or in combination with the VX-series HTs I mentioned. You only need take one charger and peripherals for both.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Something to do with being a rent-a-cop maybe? The premise sounds fishy to me. Perhaps if the OP elaborates a bit, a more reasoned response is possible.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful