Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrrrg. Make it stop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AA1OH View Post
    I have had many radios over the years. Oldest: 1923 Kennedy 311 one tube reg.
    Cool. I have a single tube Crosley Pup running a UX-201A, from around the same year.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Oooo, cool. FET regen, 'cause FET's are cool, like tubes.

http://www.kitradio.co.uk/page10.htm

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

What was neat about the Colins Kennedy 311 is that it has a "SW" position on the band switch. Earliest I ever found on a commercial rig.

I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Master Navigator
    I am an equal opportunity abuser. I have radios from the Big 3, Ten Tec, Heathkit, and currently three different Chinese manufacturers. I tend to prefer ICOMs for HF, Kenwoods or Yaesus for VHF/UHF, and Chinese for handhelds. But, I've had big HF rigs from several makers. The Kenwoods are very nice, but in the past, everything was an add-on accessory, while ICOM included it in the base radio. I had considerable reliability problems with the last big Yaesu I owned, and have been gunshy ever since. I've also had a couple real dogs from ICOM, so it's not fair to judge all of them on one poor example. I have a Yaesu FT-817ND that I really like, too.

My near-ancient IC-746 continues to operate as it has for me for the last 20 years, since I bought it used. My new IC-7410 is not used that often yet, but it will be the primary radio eventually.