Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio Shack files for bankruptcy again

Beach Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post

Thankfully, it appears RS sold off the specs for the ham radio stuff. You can still buy HTX-10's and HTX-100's. Albrecht makes them :)
    Albrecht is one of the names used by Midland, along with Alan and CTE. I would be very surprised if those are the same products as the HTX-10 and HTX-100 due to the very likelihood of component obsolescence.

Quote Originally Posted by KE6KA View Post
    Albrecht is one of the names used by Midland, along with Alan and CTE. I would be very surprised if those are the same products as the HTX-10 and HTX-100 due to the very likelihood of component obsolescence.
    Might be newer versions of them.

I had an HTX-100 quite a few years back. Fun little rig to have in the van, back when 10 could be counted on to be open most days. Wouldn't mind having another one or a similar one... as long as it's a real 10 meter rig, not something masquerading as such, if you know what I mean.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Do you have a link to Albrecht? The only one that's relevant that I can find points to RadioWorld UK. And it appears to be a little, ah, out of date.
    Nevermind, I guess.... Looks like they're no more, as I can't find their site.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Beach Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Do you have a link to Albrecht? The only one that's relevant that I can find points to RadioWorld UK. And it appears to be a little, ah, out of date.
    The link depends on the country you are in. The general site for Europe is http://www.midlandeurope.com/en/cate...dio-cb#vhf-uhf CTE is their international distributor and Alan Electronics distributes products regionally. Their German site has Amateur equipment listed. https://www.alan-electronics.de/Prod...ndgeraete.aspx

The Shack is dead.
    Sprint is also just about dead.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

I am reminded that there is more neat stuff on Amazon. Not AR stuff though unless you want a $33 UV5R (version whatever). Don't get me wrong. Those are excellent 2m HH rigs. You can find the YaeKenCom HF rigs but at full retail. I miss Heathkit even though I only built the digital (flouroscreen) clock. My cousin and uncle built the big GR-64 or something like it in that line. It was wired to an outdoor dipole directly on a canal of the South Florida coast. I spent hours spinning dials when I had the chance although I have to admit that my tiny little Tecsun PL-660 puts it to shame. I know, apples and oranges. I have been able to test the Tecsun in various locations as it is just larger than a paperback. NC mountains, Key West, rest stop in Eastern Tennessee, the big cliff face known as Caesars Head only a couple of miles from the SC/NC state line on the SC side just to name 4. I want to start taking the ArgoV places. That will require a little more forethought on my part. The main thing planning what antenna and how. The spool of wire has always served me well on a steep rock face.

Oh yeah. I was going to say something about Lafayette in that last post. I went to a Lafayette once AND a Heathkit store!